Super Sons, featuring Superboy (Jon Kent) and Robin (Damian Wayne), was one of DC's most popular titles to come out of the publisher's Rebirth era. The team-up of the World's Finest offspring saw the bright-eyed Superboy working alongside the brooding Robin to make a pretty formidable duo. Unfortunately, the series came to end in the spring of 2018, and a follow-up miniseries that took place in the past also just completed this year.
Another development saw Jon Kent leaving Earth to explore the spaceways with his grandfather, Jor-El, in Brian Michael Bendis' Superman. The Jon Kent that returned was much older than when he departed, making him older and now taller than Damian. With Jon back on Earth, fans have begged and pleaded for the Super Sons to be reunited, and that day will finally come in October's Superman #16.
DC's October 2019 solicitations reveal Super Sons' Superboy and Robin soaring through the sky together on artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado's cover of Superman #16. And with the big smile on both of their faces, we can assume they are very happy to be back together fighting crime.
Covers and solicitation for Superman #16 can be found below:
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art by DAVID LAFUENTE
- cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
- variant cover by JASON MASTERS
- The Super Sons are back! But now Jon is five years older, and he’s sitting on the biggest decision of his young life. Damian and Jon team up again for a rip-roaring adventure and a huge catch-up! These two best buds have really needed each other, and now they are back!
- ON SALE 10.09.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.