Dark Knights: Metal introduced the concept of evil Batman from across the Dark Multiverse, and the unquestionable breakout character of the group was The Batman Who Laughs.
The Joker/Dark Knight hybrid will star in his own miniseries from his co-creator, writer Scott Snyder, and artist Jock, with the title introducing the maniac's sidekick, a gun-toting Batman. While the sidekick's name has been kept a secret, DC's January 2019 solicitations for The Batman Who Laughs #2 reveal his name is the Grim Knight.
The solicitation goes on to say the Batman Who Laughs will team with the Grim Knight to break into Arkham Asylum. “It’s another one of Batman’s worst nightmares,” Snyder told the crowd at Comic-Con International. “This is like Punisher Batman, but it’s also Bruce Wayne, which makes him terrifying…he’s rich, he has access to everything. He’s the deadliest Dark Knight ever and he’s coming to the DC Universe as a henchman of the Batman who Laughs.”
Check out the cover and solicitation for January 2019's The Batman Who Laughs #2, below:
THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #2
- written by SCOTT SNYDER
- art and cover by JOCK
- variant cover by BEN OLIVER
- After the shocking ending of issue #1, a ticking clock sets Batman on a trail throughout the different realities of the Multiverse. He starts to see all the iterations of his life, and what could have been…but more importantly, Bruce Wayne begins to deduce that his current life is somehow wrong, and that all the mistakes he’s made are somehow connected. Meanwhile, the Batman Who Laughs raises the curtain on his second act, pulling out the big guns to break into Arkham Asylum…enter one of the most punishing Batmen of the Dark Multiverse: the Grim Knight!
- ON SALE 01.16.19
- $4.99 US | 2 of 6 | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.