The latest wave of critically acclaimed crossovers between DC Comics and Looney Tunes has been announced.
A year after the worlds of DC Comics and Looney Tunes collided with Batman meeting Elmer Fudd, Wonder Woman meeting the Tasmanian Devil, and the Martian Manhunter meeting Marvin the Martian, DC has announced a new round of super-sized specials that team their heroes and villains with iconic cartoon characters.
On August 29, the four newest specials will pair The Joker with Daffy Duck, Lex Luthor with Porky Pig, Catwoman with Sylvester and Tweety, and Harley Quinn with the hairy, hulking Gossamer. The one-shots run at 48 pages each, including a back-up story. Each title features an all-star cast of comic creators including writers Gail Simone and Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.
DC's full solicitation information and cover art for the four specials is below:
CATWOMAN/TWEETY AND SYLVESTER SPECIAL #1
- Written by GAIL SIMONE, with art by INAKI MIRANDA
- Backup story written by SHEA FONTANA, with art by WALTER CARZON
- Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
- In his relentless pursuit of Tweety, Sylvester suddenly finds himself with a new, human ally—Catwoman! Tweety then realizes that he’s going to need some help too, and recruits a super-hero of his own, Black Canary! It isn’t long before the scale of the conflict begins to get out of control and suddenly there’s a full-scale war between cats and birds that threatens to take over all of Gotham.
HARLEY QUINN/GOSSAMER SPECIAL #1
- Written by JIMMY PALMIOTTI and AMANDA CONNER, with art by PIER BRITO
- Backup story written by SHOLLY FISCH, with art by DAVE ALVAREZ
- cover by AMANDA CONNER
- A violent storm leaves a large crate washed up on the beach at Coney Island. When Harley breaks it open to see what’s inside, she suddenly has a new playmate to add to her cast of friends—a large, furry, orange beast called Gossamer. It’s all fun and games until a giant robot attacks them. But who sent it? Harley immediately suspects only one man, but is it really The Joker behind this destructive rampage?
THE JOKER/ DAFFY DUCK SPECIAL #1
- Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, with art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
- Backup story written by JOEY CAVALIERI, with art by LUCIANO VECCHIO
- When Daffy Duck pays a call to the Acme corporate headquarters in Gotham City, he finds the company long gone and their abandoned building now occupied by The Joker. With a hit in progress, Daffy tries to sneak away, only to find himself in the clutches of the Clown Prince of Crime. But Joker decides that there’s some potential in this manic bird and forces Daffy to join his gang. Will he find a way to escape…or will he become The Joker’s new right-hand duck?
LEX LUTHOR/ PORKY PIG SPECIAL #1
- Written by MARK RUSSELL, with art by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY
- Backup story written by JIM FANNING, with art by JOHN LOTER
- cover by BEN OLIVER
- Facing financial and personal ruin, a desperate Porky Pig applies for and gets and entry-level position with LexCorp. Grateful to his new benefactor, Porky becomes Luthor’s most loyal employee and defender. But when a major scandal breaks in the news and Lex is called before a Congressional Committee, guess who is about to be offered up as the sacrificial pig?