Official Press Release
On Wednesday, July 16, members of the DC Comics staff and talent community will be a part of the excitement on preview night at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2004.
Freelancer guests from the DCU, VERTIGO, WildStorm and other editorial groups scheduled to appear at the show include:
- Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, SUPERMAN)
- Enrique Breccia (SWAMP THING, LOVECRAFT)
- Andy Diggle (THE LOSERS, SWAMP THING, ADAM STRANGE)
- Marcelo Frusin (HELLBLAZER)
- Ron Garney (JLA)
- Dave Gibbons (THE ORIGINALS)
- Tony Harris (EX MACHINA)
- Jock (THE LOSERS)
- Jim Lee (SUPERMAN, BATMAN)
- Jeph Loeb (SUPERMAN/BATMAN, BATMAN)
- Jonathan Matthews (DC DIRECT)
- Brad Meltzer (IDENTITY CRISIS, GREEN ARROW - attending Friday and Saturday only)
- Rags Morales (IDENTITY CRISIS, HAWKMAN)
- Dustin Nguyen (BATMAN, WILDCATS Version 3.0)
- Jimmy Palmiotti (THE MONOLITH, HAWKMAN)
- Howard Porter (THE FLASH, JLA)
- Greg Rucka (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GOTHAM CENTRAL)
- Tim Sale (CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME, BATMAN: DARK VICTORY)
- Bill Willingham (FABLES, ROBIN)
- Judd Winick (BATMAN, OUTSIDERS, GREEN ARROW, CAPER)
Appearing at DC Comics booth, the DC staff will be led by President & Publisher Paul Levitz.
Members of DCU editorial appearing at the convention will include VP - Editorial Dan DiDio, Editorial Art Director Mark Chiarello, Senior Group Editor Mike Carlin, Group Editors Eddie Berganza and Bob Schreck, Senior Editors Matt Idelson and Peter Tomasi, and Editors Joey Cavalieri and Joan Hilty. From VERTIGO will be VP - Executive Editor Karen Berger and Editors Will Dennis and Jonathan Vankin. From WildStorm editorial will be Executive Editor Scott Dunbier, Group Editor Jake Tarbox, and Editors Ben Abernathy and Alex Sinclair. Also from WildStorm will be VP - General Manager Hank Kanalz and Operations Manager Nicole Hunting. Senior Editor Dale Crain will represent DC's Collected Editions group.
Senior VP - Creative Director Richard Bruning will attend the show from DC's Creative Services Department, along with Director - Creative Services Ron Perazza and Online Editor Katy Garnier.
DC's Editorial Adminstration department will include Vice President - Managing Editor Terri Cunningham, Executive Director - Editorial Administration Jack Mahan, and Manager - Editorial Administration Leon Avelino. VP - Business Development John Nee will be at the convention as well, as will with Publicity Director David Hyde
DC Direct staff at the show will include VP - Design & Retail Product Development Georg Brewer, Director - Product Management Syndee Barwick, and Assistant Art Director Shawn Knapp.
DC's Direct Sales Department will be on the show floor to greet fans and retailers, and will be represented by VP - Sales & Marketing Bob Wayne, Director - Sales & Marketing Communications Patty Jeres, Manager - Direct Sales Vince Letterio, Manager - Events & Retailer Services Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager - Marketing Services Matt Keller, Manager - Marketing Communications Adam Philips, Assistant Manager - Direct Sales Stuart Schreck, Representative - Direct Sales Michael Freeman and Representative - Events & Retailer Services Vinnie Costa.
For more information, go to http://www.comic-con.org. Watch for an upcoming announcement on DC's convention programming and giveaways.