Official Press Release
This Friday, members of the DC Comics staff and freelance community will be on hand for Wizard World Chicago. Writers and artists scheduled to attend the convention include:
- Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, LOVELESS, DEATHBLOW)
- Joe Benitez (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)
- Ryan Benjamin (GRIFTER AND MIDNIGHTER)
- Jim Calafiore (COUNTDOWN)
- Dennis Calero (SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES)
- Tony S. Daniel (TEEN TITANS, BATMAN)
- Jesse Delperdang (BATMAN)
- Patrick Gleason (GREEN LANTERN CORPS)
- Joel Gomez (WETWORKS)
- Jamal Igle (NIGHTWING)
- Christopher Jones (THE BATMAN STRIKES!)
- Don Kramer (DETECTIVE COMICS)
- John G. Mathews (DC Direct sculptor)
- Sean McKeever (COUNTDOWN, TEEN TITANS)
- Tony Moore (THE EXTERMINATORS)
- Mike Norton (THE ALL-NEW ATOM)
- Andrew Pepoy (JACK OF FABLES)
- Will Pfeifer (CATWOMAN, AMAZONS ATTACK)
- Whilce Portacio (WETWORKS)
- Gordon Purcell (JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED)
- Rodney Ramos (GREEN LANTERN)
- Tim Sale (BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN)
- Jim Starlin (DEATH OF THE NEW GODS)
- Jill Thompson (FABLES: 1001 NIGHTS OF SNOWFALL)
- J. Torres (WONDER GIRL, THE BLACK CANARY WEDDING PLANNER)
- Ethan Van Sciver (GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL)
- Matt Wagner (MADAME XANADU)
Under the leadership of President & Publisher Paul Levitz, members of the DC Comics staff scheduled to be at the convention including, from Editorial, Senior VP - Editor, DCU, Dan DiDio, DCU Coordinating Editor Jann Jones, Vertigo Editor Jonathan Vankin and Wildstorm Editor Scott Peterson.
From DC Direct, VP - Design & DC Direct Creative Georg Brewer, DC Direct Design Director Jim Fletcher and Account Manager Steven Schweiger.
Senior VP - Creative Director Richard Bruning will be on hand from Creative Services, as will Creative Services Manager Larry Daley and Online Editor Kwanzaa Johnson.
From Editorial Administration, look for Manager - Editorial Contract Administration Larry Ganem and Manager - Editorial Administration Accounting Roger Rivera.
The Sales & Marketing department will be represented VP - Sales Bob Wayne, VP - Marketing John Cunningham, Director of Publicity David Hyde, Manager - Events & Retailer Services Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager - Direct Sales Vince Letterio, Manager - Marketing Matt Keller, Admininstrator - Direct Sales Michael Freeman, Representative - Mass Market Sales Brett Shanahan and Representative - Marketing Services Rex Ogle.
DC also will sponsor several panels at the convention including:
Friday August 10
DC COMICS TALENT SEARCH, 10:00-10:45 a.m.
Come hear what DC Comics looks for in artists and how to improve your chances at becoming a working professional. Remember, diversity is the key with DC: DC Universe, Vertigo, WildStorm, Mad Magazine, Minx and more! This extremely informative orientation session will explain how DC's Talent Search works. In order to have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory - not all attendees are guaranteed a review.
DC NATION, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Come one, come all, rise up and join the DC NATION! Meet Dan DiDio, Senior VP - Executive Editor DCU, as he invites you to join the revolution. Discuss surviving 52, living in a multi-verse guarded by Monitors, and try to discover the secret of the cosmic chess game as the DCU counts down.
VERTIGO: FROM THE EDGE, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
The imprint behind smart and provocative books like FABLES, DMZ, and Y: THE LAST MAN invites you to get the lowdown with Jonathan Vankin, Editor - Vertigo, Bob Wayne, VP - Sales, writer Brian Azzarello and more as they present the latest news from the cutting edge - and more!
Saturday August 11
DC COMICS TALENT SEARCH, 10:00-10:45
See description above
DCU: New Worlds Order, 11:00–12:00 p.m.
The DC Universe survived 52, but will it survive Countdown? Dan DiDio, Senior VP - Executive Editor DCU and Bob Wayne, VP - Sales are joined by Tony Daniel (TEEN TITANS, THE FLASH), Patrick Gleason (GREEN LANTERN CORPS), Sean McKeever (COUNTDOWN, TEEN TITANS), Will Pfeifer (CATWOMAN), J. Torres (WONDER GIRL), Ethan Van Sciver (GREEN LANTERN) and others for a peek into what's upcoming in comics' greatest universe!
Sunday August 12
WILDSTORM: STORM FRONT, 12:30-1:30pm
2007 is shaping up to be a banner year for DC's left coast imprint, WildStorm. Be here to see what's on the horizon in the WildStorm Universe! Bob Wayne, VP - Sales and Scott Peterson, Editor - WildStorm, ask you to get in on the ground floor of the coming revoultion in a panel featuring Whilce Portacio (WETWORKS), J. Torres (NINJA SCROLL), and more!