When DC Comics announced its December variant theme — in the form of polybagged “Harley’s Little Black Book” covers — readers were told to expect one of three different kinds of covers in each package: penciled, inked or fully colored variants. Apparently, DC has also been sneaking original art variants in some of the polybags, meaning that select fans are being delighted with rare sketch covers by some of the publisher’s finest talent.
Fans have been sharing some of their original “Harley’s Little Black Book” sketch variants on social media — thus, revealing some great Harley artwork by the likes of J. Scott Campbell, Ethan Van Sciver, Joe Quinones, Patrick Gleason, and others.
Check out some of the “Harley’s Little Black Book” variants that have been shared over social media below:
– Hall of Justice (@HoJComics) December 11, 2015
– Dave Gibson (@davegibson1012) December 12, 2015
Here’s a full rundown of series set to get “Harley’s Little Black Book” variants this month:
- 12/2: HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1 – J. Scott Campbell
- 12/2: GREEN LANTERN #47 – Darwyn Cooke
- 12/9: BATMAN #47 – Alex Ross
- 12/9: GREEN ARROW #47 – Tim Sale
- 12/16: JUSTICE LEAGUE #47 – Jim Lee
- 12/16: HARLEY QUINN #23 – Bruce Timm
- 12/23: SUPERMAN #47 – Lee Bermejo
- 12/23: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6 – Joe Madureira
- 12/30: THE FLASH #47 – Terry Dodson
- 12/30: WONDER WOMAN #47 – Amanda Conner
DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee discussed the variants in an interview with DC All Access, embedded below:
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!