Official Press Release
The new year gets off to a strong start on February 18 when DC Comics' staff and freelancers arrive at San Francisco's WonderCon.
DC freelancers scheduled to be at WonderCon include:
* Arthur Adams (TOM STRONG'S TERRIFIC TALES)
* Sergio Aragonés (MAD Magazine)
* Michael Bair (IDENTITY CRISIS)
* Adam Beechen (JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED)
* John Cassaday (PLANETARY)
* Matthew Clark (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN)
* Amanda Conner (TWO-STEP)
* Steve Englehart (BATMAN: DARK DETECTIVE)
* Christos N. Gage (DEADSHOT)
* Mick Gray (PROMETHEA, SEVEN SOLDIERS: ZATANNA)
* Devin Grayson (NIGHTWING)
* Adam Hughes (WONDER WOMAN)
* Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, TEEN TITANS, THE FLASH, DC COUNTDOWN)
* Jimmy Palmiotti (HAWKMAN, THE TWILIGHT EXPERIMENT)
* Harvey Pekar (THE QUITTER)
* Gary Phillips (ANGELTOWN)
* Alex Ross (JUSTICE, JSA covers)
* Greg Rucka (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GOTHAM CENTRAL, DC COUNTDOWN, THE OMAC PROJECT)
* Gail Simone (ACTION COMICS, BIRDS OF PREY, VILLAINS UNITED)
* Ryan Sook (HAWKMAN, SEVEN SOLDIERS: ZATANNA)
* Mark Verheiden (SUPERMAN, Smallville)
* Judd Winick (GREEN ARROW, OUTSIDERS, DC COUNTDOWN)
DC Editorial staff at the convention includes Dan DiDio, VP - Executive Editor, DCU; Scott Dunbier, Executive Editor, WildStorm; Bob Schreck, Group Editor, DCU; and Mark Chiarello, DC's Editorial Art Director; and VERTIGO Editor Jonathan Vankin. Terri Cunningham, DC's VP - Managing Editor, will be at the convention as well.
DC's Direct Sales staff will be represented at the convention by Bob Wayne, VP - Sales & Marketing; Patricia Jeres, Director - Sales & Marketing Communications; Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager - Events & Retailer Services; Stuart Schreck, Administrator - Direct Sales; and Vinnie Costa, Representative - Events & Retailer Services.
DC also presents two panels at WonderCon:
BEYOND THE DC UNIVERSE: WILDSTORM, VERTIGO AND MORE
Friday, Feb. 18, 5:00-6:30
Go beyond the borders of the DC Universe with projects from WildStorm and VERTIGO, as well as our international comics lines from CMX, Humanoids, and 2000 A.D.! Join WildStorm's Executive Editor Scott Dunbier, VERTIGO Editor Jonathan Vankin and DC's Director - Sales & Marketing Communications Patricia Jeres to present projects by comics' most diverse talents!
DC COMICS: A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE
Saturday, Feb. 19, 12:00-1:30
Coming off a banner year, with the successes of IDENTITY CRISIS, BATMAN: WAR GAMES, GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH and so many others, DC Comics invites you to take a sneak peak at what's planned for 2005. This slide show presentation is hosted by DC's Vice President - Editorial, Dan DiDio and DC's Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Bob Wayne, with DC Comics Group Editor Bob Schreck and Editorial Art Director Mark Chiarello. Also in attendance will be Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Mark Verheiden and others.
DC talent and staffers will appear on other WonderCon panels including:
COVER STORY (ART OF THE COVER)
Friday, Feb. 18, 1:30
Featuring Alex Ross (JLA: LIBERTY & JUSTICE) and Adam Hughes (WONDER WOMAN)
TRIBUTE TO WILL EISNER
Saturday, Feb. 19, 11:00-12:00
With Scott Dunbier, Executive Editor, WildStorm and others
SPOTLIGHT ON GAIL SIMONE
Saturday, Feb. 19, 2:30-3:30
With Patricia Jeres, Director - Sales & Marketing Communications
SPOTLIGHT ON ADAM HUGHES
Sunday, Feb. 20, 1:00-2:00
With Editorial Art Director Mark Chiarello and Patricia Jeres, Director - Sales & Marketing Communications
For more information on WonderCon, go to http://www.comic-con.org/.