Official Press ReleaseÂ
DC Entertainment celebrates the one-year anniversary of the historic release of THE NEW 52 initiative with the best of the best creators in the business at San Diego Comic-Con International 2012. Between the launch of THE NEW 52 #0 issues and the return of most notorious character in history – The Joker – the controversial and hugely anticipated BEFORE WATCHMEN mini-series comics, celebrity chef’s Anthony Bourdain’s first graphic novel, and the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, with music superstar Chris Daughtry as its ambassador, DC Entertainment’s stellar line up promises to make this year’s Comic-Con one of the biggest in history.
Don’t miss what’s in store at DC Entertainment’s brand new interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) and over 20 panels.
- Be there as one of the most notorious villains in history comes out of the dark as The Joker makes his return. Get an inside look at what horrors will befall Gotham from BATMAN writer Scott Snyder. Plus DC Entertainment’s panel Batman: Beyond The Night Of Owls will be a can’t-miss discussion on the most iconic and enduringly popular character in comic history.
- One year after the groundbreaking announcement of the NEW 52s, get an inside look at the launch of Zero issues in September.
- Join some of the biggest names in comics as they discuss the highly controversial release of BEFORE WATCHMEN on the precipice of â€¨fan-favorite character Rorschach’s own series launching in August.
- Witness a special surprise announcement during the not-to-be-missed Vertigo panel from one of entertainment’s biggest names.
- Find out why celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain hates California rolls as he discusses his first-ever graphic novel GET JIRO!, from DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint, with co-writer Joel Rose and artists Langdon Foss and Jose Villarrubia.
- Experience comic’s most iconic characters in a whole new way at “Darkness & Light: Art Inspired by Heroes & Villains, Hope & Heroism,” an original art collection at the Michael J Wolf gallery. Benefitting DC Entertainment’s WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, the traveling exhibit supports three humanitarian aid organizations fighting the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- Join WE CAN BE HEROES ambassador and music sensation Chris Daughtry – who re-recorded his hit single “Rescue Me” for the campaign – and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee at a special signing of exclusive, lithos of a Batman sketch drawn by Daughtry and inked by Lee.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is go-to place for exclusive announcements, mind-blowing comic news and incredible access including artwork reveals, exclusive news announcements, creator profiles and more. Visit the “Con Away From The Con” page by clicking here.
DC Entertainment’s San Diego Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule:
Thursday, July 12, 2012:
10:30-11:30am – DC Entertainment Talent Search
11:30-12:30pm – DC Comics – Tales From The Dark and The Edge
1:00-2:00pm – DC Collectibles
2:00-3:00pm – DC Comics – Batman: Beyond the Night of Owls
3:15-4:15pm – DC Entertainment – All Access: DC NOW!
5:45-6:45pm – Vertigo: A View From the Cutting Edge of Comics
Friday, July 13, 2012:
10:00-11:00am – DC Comics: From Concept to Page
10:00-11:00am – DC Entertainment Talent Search
11:15-12:15pm – DC Comics: Superman
1:45-2:45pm – DC Comics: Justice League and Green Lantern
3:00-4:00pm – Drawing DC
4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics: The New 52
5:30-6:30pm – Vertigo: Get Jiro!
Saturday, July 14, 2012:
10:00-11:00am – DC Entertainment Talent Search
10:00-11:00am – DC Comics: New Wave
11:15-12:30pm – DC Entertainment – All Access: OGNs
12:45-1:45pm – DC Comics: Before Watchmen
2:00-3:00pm – Mad About MAD
7:00-8:00pm – Vertigo: Fables
Sunday, July 15, 2012:
10:00-11:00am – DC Comics: Young Justice
11:15-12:15pm – DC Entertainment: Meet The Publishers
2:00-3:00pm – Drawing DC for Kids
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes-a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes-to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!