More than most, The Flash is known for being part of a family of superheroes, and that family is about to get a lot bigger. The solicitation for August's The Flash #52 suggests that Barry Allen is returning to the House of Heroes at the heart of the Multiverse to team-up with the Flashes of many worlds.
The Flash was the first series to cross the Multiversal boundaries of the DC Universe with The Flash #123, which saw Barry Allen team-up with the Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Flash of Earth-2. Since then, Flashes have been at the heart of crossovers and Crises, from Barry's sacrifice in Crisis on Infinite Earths to the reality-shattering events of Flashpoint.
While this might be Barry Allen's first meeting with the Flashes of Multiple Earths, the story may follow up on the events of Grant Morrison and Ivan Reis' The Multiversity #2, which saw Red Racer of Earth-36 gather a host of Scarlet Speedsters to help defeat the corrupted Superjudge. Red Racer was then killed off in the recent "Multiplicity" arc of Superman, so the cross-universe Flashes are without a leader and Barry Allen is about to have his horizons expanded in a major way.
Check out the full solicitation information for more info:
THE FLASH #52
- written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
- art by CHRISTIAN DUCE
- cover by DAN MORA
- variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- On your mark, get set and go for part one of “Grips of Strength”! Barry Allen races to the House of Heroes at the center of the Multiverse to meet with the Flashes of 52 worlds for info on the new forces he’s recently encountered. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Trickster’s turning informant against Warden Wolfe, but that brings about a sneak attack that Barry and the time-lost Commander Cold must team up to stop—if they can quit butting heads long enough to do so.
- ON SALE 08.08.18
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers each.
- Please see the order form for details.