DC has officially teased the death of yet another Robin, only this time it's in the Batman Beyond universe.
In DC's February solicits, Batman Beyond #29 hints that the return of the Joker could spell danger for Terry McGinnis' little brother and the latest to don the Robin mantle, Matt. Joker returned in Batman Beyond #25, with Terry and Bruce Wayne already training the youngster in his upgraded gear on what being a Robin entails.
But with the Clown Prince of Crime returning with a crowbar, the very tool he used to kill Jason Todd, it seems he'll have another Robin in his crosshairs. The latest arc also brought an older and wiser Dick Grayson back into the fold, so it remains to be seen how he will also factor in when it comes to saving the young, inexperienced sidekick.
With the Joker recently going after Barbara Gordon, it's clear he wants to repeat his crimes of old, as indicated by Pasqual Ferry's cover art which depicts Bruce holding the dead Matt and Terry on his knees, grieving his brother's tragic fate.
The cover and solicitation for Batman Beyond #29 can be found below:
BATMAN BEYOND #29
- written by DAN JURGENS
- art by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
- cover by PASQUAL FERRY
- variant cover by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
- The Joker is prepared to deliver his fatal punchline as everything—and the kitchen sink, too—hits the fan for Batman and Robin. Even with Dick Grayson’s help, the Dynamic Duo of tomorrow and Bruce Wayne may not stand a chance. Will The Joker turn Terry’s brother into the new Jason Todd? Is now a good time for Terry and Bruce to clash? And why are Neo-Gothamites cheering on the Clown Prince? Will anyone survive “The Final Joke”?
- ON SALE 02.27.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.