ComicsPRO, the trade organization for comics retailers, has announced the nominees for its fourth annual Industry Appreciation Awards recognizing those who make the direct market "more successful for all of us."
The awards are divided into two categories, one for professionals still active in the industry, and a Memorial Award for those who have passed away. The nominees are:
Industry Appreciation Award
- Scott Dunbier, senior editor of special projects at IDW Publishing
- Cindy Fournier, vice president of operations for Diamond Comic Distributors
- David Gabriel, senior vice president of sales and circulation for Marvel
- Bill Schanes, vice president of purchasing for Diamond Comic Distributors
- Eric Stephenson, publisher of Image Comics
- Will Eisner
- Julius Schwartz, longtime DC Comics editor
- Shel Dorf, co-founder of what would become Comic-Con International
- Joe Kubert
The ComicsPRO membership will vote on the recipients, who will be announced Feb. 22 at the group's annual meeting in Atlanta.