Welcome to the Comics Should Be Good Top 100 Comic Book Writers and Artists poll!
It seems like end of the year is a good time to do these things. I did this one back in 2006 on the CBR forums, but that was only for forum members. This is open to whoever wants to vote!
It's time to vote for your top ten all-time favorite comic book writers and artists.
Here's the deal. You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 PM Eastern time, November 30th. I'll tabulate all the votes and I'll begin a countdown of the winners starting December 4th!
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word "ACBC" somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. You're going to be voting for twenty people in total here. Your ten favorite comic book writers AND your ten favorite comic book artists. Vote for TEN each - less than ten writers and ten artists and I don't count your ballot.
3. Rank your ten favorite comic book writers and artists from #1 (your most favorite) to #10 (your 10th most favorite). I'd prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It's easier for me to count.
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
6. This is for writers and artists who worked primarily in the field of comic books and graphic novels, not comic strips. Vote accordingly.
7. Vote for ten artists and ten writers. You have to have ten writers and ten artists you like! Less than ten artists and ten writers and I will not count your ballot.
8. I get that it is difficult to rank certain creators like Chris Ware, who both write and draw, but just try to do your best. So if you really like Ware, for instance, feel free to put him #1 on both lists.
9. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
10. Vote for ten artists and ten writers. Less than ten artists and ten writers and I will not count your ballot.
11. Plotters count as writers. So if you are just a fan of Keith Giffen's plots, feel free to vote for him as a writer.
12. On that note, Giffen and DeMatteis don't count as one vote. I know it is tough to break them up if you like their JLI work, but do your best. If that means having one ranked #1 and one ranked #2 on your list, then so be it. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, guys who have done nearly all their writing work as a team, are a different case. You can vote for them as a team.
13. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
14. I'll make various other decisions in the interest of fairness.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC - on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Now vote! :)