Here is the Top 100 Comic Book Runs poll!
Vote for your top 10 top (and by top, I mean your favorites) comic book runs by creators by 11:59 Eastern on March 31st, and I’ll count down the top vote-getters in early April!!
PLEASE NOTE: If you voted before March 9th, and have not voted again, please re-vote, as the votes prior to then have been lost (almost all have since been re-voted, though, which was greatly appreciated, folks!).
Simply list your top ten (and please pick 10) from your top choice, to your bottom choice, in the comments below.
Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
Here are the following guidelines:
1. If a writer worked on a book for less than 100 issues, that can be considered “a run,” even if he/she worked with different artists.
2. If a writer is on a book for more than 100 issues, you have to match the writer with an artist (like, you can’t say Claremont’s X-Men, you have to say Claremont/Byrne, Claremont/Smith, etc. – heck, you can make up most of your list just with Claremont’s various X-Men runs!).
There are three notable exceptions to this rule (so notable that really, this is only designed to apply to Lee’s Spider-Man and Claremont’s X-Men) – you can say Hama’s GI Joe, Gruenwald’s Captain America and David’s Hulk (and if Ennis has done 100 issues of The Punisher, then you can say Ennis’ Punisher, too).
3. The run has to last at least 6 issues (of an ongoing title).
4. Only ongoing comic book series count (Books with clear endpoints over multiple years can still count as ongoing titles, such as Preacher, Cerebus, Bone, Sandman, Y the Last Man, Planetary, Promethea, etc. – this is only to discount mini-series and maxi-series, such as Watchmen and Squadron Supreme)
5. Series of mini-series count as ongoing (Astro City, Hellboy, etc.)
6. I may combine runs in the interest of fairness (for instance, Weir and DeFilippis’ New Mutants run is really the same as their New X-Men run).
7. I’ll make various other decisions in the interest of fairness!! Like allowing Eisner’s the Spirit or Morrison’s Seven Soldiers!
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Now vote! 🙂
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!