Noise Pop, a music, culture and arts festival that's kinda like Austin's South by Southwest, kicked off in San Francisco this week, and this weekend many comic book folks will join in on the fun. And at the center of it all is Isotope Comics, as owner James Sime is serving as "Comics Curator" for the event.
So what have they got planned?
- The Eisner-Award nominated duo of Matt Silady (The Homeless Channel) and Justin Hall (Glamazonia), both of whom teach at the California College of the Arts, will host a workshop on Saturday on comics creation.
- Courtney Crumrin & The Night Things creator Ted Naifeh will host Courtney Crumin Live, "presented in traditional olde tyme radio play fashion," on Sunday.
- 30 Days of Night, Choker and Fell co-creator Ben Templesmith and DJ Samsupa will present a "cutting edge live-art demo," which will be available to watch via webcast.
- All this week they'll have "sequential reporters" reporting form the show, including both Silady and Hall, as well as Jamaica Dyer, Greg Hinkle and many more.
- Vinyl Dreams: a gallery of comic art on record sleeves. Sleeves to draw on are available at Isotope through Feb. 25.