Official Press Release
The fourth day of the Comics Help auction is here and more great items are going up for bid. Again we want to thank everyone for their help and contributions. Things are progressing smoothly and the items are getting some amazing bids.
We need to stress that we just don't have the ability to ship outside of the U.S. or Canada. What we suggest is that if you live outside these two countries to have the items shipped to friends in the U.S. and Canada and have them forward it to you.
Here are today's items:
- Oni Color Special 2001 cover Powers and Madman by Oeming and Allred - Original 11" x 17" inked art for the cover to the Oni Press Color Special 2001 by Mike Avon Oeming and Michael Allred.
- Randy Green 10th Muse cover art - The cover to THE 1Oth MUSE #6 from Tidalwave studios, pencilled by Randy Green in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. Gorgeous inked illustration on 11" X 17" comic book paper.
- Batman Mad Love Limited Edition Hors de Commerce Cel signed by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini - Batman the Animated Series Limited Edition Cel issued in 1998 inspired by the original Warner Bros. Animated television series. This cel is Hors de Commerce 10 out of 20. This is a series of proofs that was produced in addition to the regular edition and is not intended for resale. This edition is even rarer than the 50 Artist Proofs that were produced. The cel is framed and hand signed by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and also comes with a copy of the DC Mad Love comic. Also comes with Warner Bros. Certificate of Authenticity.
- Mephisto and the Empty Box package by Jason Hall - Package comes in hand decorated cardboard envelope and includes 2 copies of Mephisto and the Empty Box, a bound copy of the original script, an original 16 page notebook with the writer's notes, layout roughs and final thumbnails. All items are signed by the writer
- Robin #83 double page spread of pages 2 and 3 by Pete Woods - 21" x 17" inked original art from DC Comics' Robin #83. This is the double page spread of pages 2 and 3 and is signed by penciller Pete WoodS
- Superboy #88 page 8 by inker Keith Champagne - Original 11" x 17" inked art from DC Comics' Superboy #88 for page #8. Donated by inker Keith Champagne.
- Cut My Hair original bound manuscript #10 of 25 signed by writer Jamie S. Rich - Original bound manuscript for Jamie S. Rich's Cut My Hair. This copy is number 10 of a 25 copy edition and is signed by the writer.
- Justice League of America Archives Vol. 1 signed by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson - DC Comics' Justice League of America Vol. 1 Hardcover. This is an unnumbered copy of a 250 copy edition and comes with a tip in sheet signed by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson.
- Color Bat-Girl pin-up by Daniel Krall – Unpublished painted pin-up of DC Comics' Bat-Girl by Ten Gallon Studios artist Daniel Krall. Art is 7" x 8 ¼" and comes matted.
- Secret Message #3 cover by Michael Cherkas - 10 ¾" x 11 ½" inked cover illustration for Secret Messages #3 by Michael Cherkas.
- Wonderlust #1 and #2 signed by Brett Weldele, Michael Halbleib and Bryant Shiu -Chiseled Comics' Wonderlust #1 and #2 autographed by writer Bryant Shiu, penciller Brett Weldele and inker Bryant Shiu.
- Scooby-Doo #51 comic and script signed by writer Terrance Griep, Jr. - The original script for Cartoon Networks' Scooby-Doo #51 comic book signed by writer Terrance Griep, Jr. Also comes with a copy of the comic book.
- Kissing Chaos mini-comic and sketch by Arthur Dela Cruz - The original 1999 Kissing Chaos 4-page mini-comic signed and an original pencil and ink sketch of Angela by series creator Arthur Dela Cruz.
- Danny Miki original pencil pin-up in tribute to the New York Fire Department - 11" x 17" pencil pin-up by Crime Studios' Danny Miki in tribute to the New York Fire Department.
- Usagi Yojimbo original color pin-up by Stan Saki - 11" x 14" original color pin-up of Usagi Yojimbo by creator Stan Sakai.
- Noble Causes: First Impression #1 and #2 original scripts by Jay Faerber - Original scripts for Noble Causes: First Impression #1 and #2 signed by writer Jay Faerber.
- Bat-Man: Mask of the Phantasm movie poster signed by Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy - Original movie poster for the animated film Bat-Man: Mask of the Phantasm. This poster is signed by series producer and artist Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy, the voice of Bat-man.
- Strangehaven #1 page #8 by Gary Spencer - 11" x 18" inked original art for page #8 of Strangehaven #1, by Gary Spencer
Komikwerks donations can be viewed at http://www.komikwerks.com/content/vision_of_hope/artwork.html.
A list of donations so far and a link to the eBay page can also be found at http://www.onipress.com/comicshelp