In the wide world of comics there’s always a needed for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The comics you read everyday are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is always looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Brand Assurance Coordinator
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Digital Advertising Operations Manager
- Inventory Manager, Worldwide Technical Services
- Linux & SAN System Administrator
- Manager, Digital Customer Acquisition
- Network System Administrator
- Retail Analyst
- Senior ERP Project Manager
- Senior Royalty Analyst
- Systems Administrator, Marvel Digital Media Group
- Web Interface Developer
- Business Development Coordinator
- New Talent Administrator, Digital
- Assistant Editor, Digital
- Director, Book Trade Marketing
Note: DC’s job site doesn’t allow direct links. Go to http://www.timewarner.com/ and do a search for Careers, then DC Comics
- Digital Business Manager
- Digital Publishing Marketing Manager
- Animation Marketing Manager
- Senior Digital Publishing Product Manager
- Publishing Sales & Marketing Manager
Diamond Comics Distributors
- Consumer Marketing Manager (DCD)
- Data Maintenance Clerk II (DCD)
- Part Time Retail Sales Associate (GEM)
- Tech Support / Point of Sale Specialist (DCD)
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!