In the wide world of comics there’s always a need for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The books you read every day are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Associate Producer, Editorial Content & Programming
- Desktop Analyst
- Linux & SAN System Administrator
- Manager, Programming & Distribution Strategy
- Network System Administrator
- Product Manager, Marvel Kids Websites/Marvel Digital Media
- Royalty Analyst, Finance
- Associate Editor
- Executive Assistant II
- Digital Business Manager
- Publishing Marketing Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Legal Counsel
- New Media Production Coordinator
Diamond Comics Distributors:
- Director of Business Development, Comic Book Specialty Market (CBSM)
- Tech Support/Point of Sale Specialist (DCD)
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.