In the wide world of comics there’s always a needed for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The comics you read everyday are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is always looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- System Administrator
- Desktop Analyst
- Web Software Architect
- Web Interface Developer
- Systems Administrator, Marvel Digital Media Group
- Senior Analyst –Financial Planning & Analysis
- Senior Accountant
- Royalty Analyst, Finance / Licensing Department
- Product Manager, Marvel Kids Websites
- Licensing Manager
- Licensing Coordinator
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Associate Product Manager
- Advertising/Custom Sales Coordinator
- Magazine Editor
- New Talent Administrator, Digital
- Digital Production Artist
- Assistant Editor, Digital
- Director, Digital Production
- Director, Book Trade Marketing
- Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Digital Business Manager
- Digital Publishing Marketing Manager
- Animation Marketing Manager
- Senior Digital Publishing Product Manager
- Network & Systems Administrator
- Publishing Sales & Marketing Manager
Digital Editor (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!