To celebrate the release of the solicitation information for February's Captain Marvel #2, writer Kelly Thompson (West Coast Avengers, Mr. & Mrs. X) has shared character sheets from artist Carmen Carnero (X-Men Red, X-Factor) featuring the new post-apocalyptic-style outfit Captain Marvel will wear in the comic's first arc.
Carol Danvers isn't alone, however, as Spider-Woman, Echo and the appropriately-named Hazmat can also be seen sporting some Mad Max-esque duds of their own.
"Since the solicit is now out for #CaptainMarvel #2 we thought we'd give you a sneak peek at all of @CarmenCarnero's incredible new designs for our first arc," Thompson said in her tweet accompanying the character design sheets. "Prepare yourselves for not just apocalyptic Carol but also... #SpiderWoman #Hazmat & #Echo!"
The full solicitation text for Captain Marvel #2 can be found below:
CAPTAIN MARVEL #2
- KELLY THOMPSON (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
- Cover by Amanda Conner & Paul Mounts
- Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
- WRAPAROUND Design Variant Cover by CARMEN CARNERO
- Movie Variant Cover Also Available
- The classic Fantastic Four villain MAHKIZMO has taken over Manhattan’s Roosevelt Island and turned it into an apocalyptic wasteland! When CAPTAIN MARVEL ends up trapped there and cut off from the rest of world (including any Avengers-shaped reinforcements!), she’ll need to build her own team out of allies, old and new — SPIDER-WOMAN, HAZMAT, ECHO and a man known only as SOM — in order to start a revolution to free the island’s civilian inhabitants. With that kind of backup, Mahkizmo should be toast — but not everything is what it seems on this island…
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Captain Marvel #1 hits comic book shops on Jan. 9, 2019. Issue #2 will follow in February.