FACT SHEET: COMIC BOOK EXPO
WHAT: Visitors from across Ontario and around the world have the opportunity to experience the very best of pop culture first-hand at the upcoming 12th Annual Fan Expo Canada. The return of the country's largest combined event which includes The Canadian National Comic Book Expo, CNAnime, SFX Science Fiction Expo, Festival of Fear Horror Expo and GX- the Canadian National Gaming Expo is the perfect family outing and offers something for all ages and interests!
The Comic Book Expo features a number of industry luminaries who will be participating in autograph and Q & A sessions. There will also be a number of industry experts on hand offering portfolio reviews, tips and suggestions for aspiring future comic book artists.
The Comic Book Expo Celebrity Guests include:JIM LEE – All Star Batman & Robin
GEOFF JOHNS – Green Lantern & 52
TERRY & RACHEL DODSON – upcoming Wonder Woman
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS – Ultimate Spider-man & New Avengers
STEVE MCNIVEN – Civil War & New Avengers
DAVID FINCH – Moon Knight & New Avengers
ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Green Lantern & Superman/Batman
HUMBERTO RAMOS - Wolverine
TOM RANEY – Ultimate X-Men
MIKE MIGNOLA – creator of HellboyROMAN DIRGE – creator of Lenore
Key Features and Highlights of the Comic Book Expo:
• Autograph Sessions ~ always a crowd pleaser, visitors have the opportunity to meet and seek autographs from their favourite Comic Book professionals
• Cool School ~ Experience a live instructional session by industry experts. Learn free tips; glean advice and direction on how to break in to the industry.
• Comic Studios ~ over a dozen professional comic book studios will pack their booths with talented creators along with signings, sketching and discussions
• Artist Alley ~ meet over 100 top professional pencillers, inkers and writers
• Small Press Pavilion ~ this Indy Market features local a wealth of independent comic books, manga, zines and other related publications
• Q & A Sessions ~ visitors can participate in an open Q & A forum with comic book industry experts
• Sketching Duels ~ special guests will jam head to head on original art
• Portfolio Reviews ~ an opportunity to present your portfolio to the onsite industry experts for professional feedback and suggestions on breaking into the industry
• Canada's largest Masquerade on Saturday, Sept. 2 – dress up as a popular Comic Book character and compete
• 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers will offer everything from gold age and silver age comics, graphic novels, trades, toys, games, videos, DVDs, movie memorabilia, original artwork, posters and more
• Industry Preview Area ~ see the latest products and services and get a sneak peek at upcoming projects
WHEN: SEPTEMBER 1st –3rd 2006 Friday, September 1st (special preview) 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Saturday, September 2nd 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, September 3rd: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre South Building222 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto Ontario
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events - for dates, times and prices please call Ticketmaster 416-870-8000 after July 1st or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
GENERAL INFORMATION VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com