Cannonball, Domino, Feral, Boom-Boom and Shatterstar reunite with their former X-Force leader in June's Cable #158, as they take on their former nemesis Stryfe.
X-Force originally launched in 1991 by Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza, and saw Cable transform the New Mutants into a more militarized, proactive assault unit under his leadership. The series would go on to become one of the more popular titles at Marvel, selling millions of copies worldwide. X-Force would spawn multiple relaunches and spinoffs, with either Cable or Deadpool featured. The two characters will be joined by Domino in May's Deadpool 2.
Stryfe's Mutant Liberation Front was the first threat that X-Force fought against, with the series' first issue revealing the man under Stryfe's helmet looked identical to Cable. It would later be revealed that Stryfe was Cable's clone, though at the time it was a mystery as to who was the original and who was the clone.
Daniel Warren Johnson's cover to Cable #158, along with the issue's solicitation text is found below.
- Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson (W)
- GERMAN PERALTA (A)
- Cover by Daniel Warren Johnson
- VARIANT COVER by TBA
- A RETURN TO CABLE’S X-FORCE DAYS!
- CABLE and the X-FORCE discover a horrifying secret inside STRYFE’s secret base.
- Will Cable’s past fears destroy his team?
- Guest-starring CANNONBALL, DOMINO, FERAL, BOOM-BOOM, and SHATTERSTAR! The original X-Force team returns!
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99