Following up the teaser we received earlier this week, former BOOM! Studios editor and Darkwing Duck writer Ian Brill has revealed the details behind Dracula World Order, a self-published one-shot that will be available next Wednesday at select retailers and digitally through comiXology.
Joining Brill in creating the comic are four different artists -- Tonci Zonjic, Rahsan Ekedal, Declan Shalvey and Gabriel Hardman. The comic is broken into four chapters, each drawn by a different artist, with a cover by Shalvey and colorist Jordie Bellaire. The story revolves around Dracula's son Alexandru leading a rebellion against his father and the one-percent "vampire elite."
From a publishing/distribution standpoint, Brill seems to be following the model that worked very well for Sam Humphries last year with his self-published comics Our Love is Real and Sacrifice (Brill even mentioned Humphries in his press release). The one-shot has a print run of 300 copies, creating a collectible item, but it's also available digitally so anyone with a mobile device or web connection can read it through comiXology. (If you're interested in more about Humphries' approach, he spoke extensively about it at Comic-Con last year at a panel we were both on, which is available for your listening pleasure here).
You can find some preview artwork and a list of shops selling the comic below. I have some questions out to Brill about it, so watch for an interview soon.
Shops where you can find a physical copy of Dracula World Order:
- 4 Color Fantasies in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim, CA
- The Beguiling in Toronto, Canada
- Collector's Paradise in Winnetka and Pasadena, CA
- Comix Experience in San Francisco, CA
- Desert Island in Brooklyn, NY
- Laughing Ogre Comics in Lansdowne, VA, Fairfax, VA and Columbus, OH
- Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles, CA
- Midtown Comics in New York City, NY
- Speeding Bullet Comics in Norman, OK
- It can also be purchased online from Things From Another World (http://www.tfaw.com).