Blue Beetle #18, arriving in stores in February 2018, will be the series’ final issue.
Revealed today in DC Comics’ full solicitations for comics arriving i stores in February, the series’ final issue will bring the current adventures of Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord to a close. The final issue, written by Chris Sebela with art and cover by Scott Kolins, is scheduled to go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 21. The issue will also feature a variant cover by Tyler Kirkham.
The series is the second all-new title of the Rebirth era to be canceled by DC Comics, following in the footsteps of Superwoman. (While All-Star Batman released its final issue in November, the comic has been re-imagined from an ongoing series into a variety of as-yet unannounced new projects.) Though DC has not announced why the series has been canceled, the title is DC’s lowest-selling ongoing comics, though not the lowest. In October, Blue Beetle #14 sold 10,379 copies.
Check out the issue’s solicitation copy and cover art below.
BLUE BEETLE #18
- Written by CHRIS SEBELA
- Art and cover by SCOTT KOLINS
- Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
- Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
- It’s chaos at Kord Industries as Jaime helps Ted install a new A.I. system, only to have it come online and seize control of the facility. Trapped inside the building, Blue Beetle is put to the ultimate test, battling a hostile entity that turns every tool in Ted Kord’s inventory into a deadly weapon. With his last school year approaching, Jaime could be taking his final exam.
- On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+ • FINAL ISSUE
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!