pinterest-p mail bubble share2 google-plus facebook twitter rss reddit linkedin2 stumbleupon
TOP

CBR

The Premium The Premium The Premium

Benicio Del Toro Gives Optimistic Update On His ‘Star Wars’ Deal

by  in Movie News Comment
Benicio Del Toro Gives Optimistic Update On His ‘Star Wars’ Deal

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” hasn’t even hit theaters yet and rumors are already started to circulate about the next installment in the new trilogy — 2017’s “Star Wars: Episode VIII.” It was previously reported that Benicio Del Toro was close to joining the film, and now ET Online has an update from the actor himself.

“I can’t tell you much about it but I think that it might happen,” said Del Toro, who is up for the villain role in “Episode VIII.” “It looks like it’s gonna happen so I’m very excited.” According to Variety, Disney has also reached out to Joaquin Phoenix — but to hear Del Toro talk, it sounds like his involvement is now a done deal.

“I can’t talk too much about it. The script is hard to get,” added Del Toro. He joked, “They told me they’d cut my finger if I talk about it.”

The actor, who has already gone to space for Disney once before as the Collector in 2014’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” also told ET what 1977’s “Star Wars” meant to him as a child. “I saw the original one when it came out and it marked me,” said the actor. “I was impressed by the film and by the characters and by the story and the message.”

Directed by Rian Johnson, “Star Wars: Episode VIII” opens on May 26, 2017.

  • Ad Free Browsing
  • Over 10,000 Videos!
  • All in 1 Access
  • Join For Free!
GO PREMIUM WITH CBR
Go Premium!

More Videos