The first preview from Sean Murphy Scott's anticipated Batman: White Knight series packs a punch, showing the exact moment when Bruce Wayne and the Joker switch roles as Gotham City's savior and menace.
In front of a crowd of onlookers, including Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl, Nightwing and Harvey Bullock, the Dark Knight finally snaps, beating a now-helpless Joker nearly to death. In that moment, Murphy sets up the rest of his series, which will explore what happens when the Joker becomes the hero Gotham needs in order to save it from Batman.
Check out the preview, and first issue's full solicitation, below. Batman: White Knight #1 arrives in stores Oct. 4.
Via DC Comics
[vn_gallery name="PREVIEW: Batman: White Knight #1" id="1148125"]
BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1
- Written by SEAN MURPHY
- Art and cover by SEAN MURPHY
- Variant cover by SEAN MURPHY
- In a world where Batman has gone too far, The Joker must save Gotham City. He’s been called a maniac, a killer and the “Clown Prince of Crime” but “white knight”? Never. Until now…
- Set in a world where the Joker is cured of his insanity and homicidal tendencies, The Joker, now known as “Jack,” sets about trying to right his wrongs. First he plans to reconcile with Harley Quinn, and then he’ll try to save the city from the one person who he thinks is truly Gotham City’s greatest villain: Batman!
- Superstar writer and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS, THE WAKE) presents a seven-issue miniseries of a twisted Gotham City with a massive cast of heroes and villains that, at its heart, is a tragic story of a hero and a villain: Batman and The Joker. But which is the hero—and which the villain?
- On sale OCTOBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 7, $3.99 US • RATED T+