The Dark Knight is about to gain a new, bird-themed partner this December and it turns out to be a very familiar, yet unexpected face.
As revealed with DC Comics' advance solicitation information for the publisher's releases in December 2018, Batman will be teaming up with The Penguin in the pages of Batman #60. The full solicit info for the upcoming issue and standard cover by artist Mikel Janin are below:
- written by TOM KING
- art and cover by MIKEL JANIN
- variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- Batman takes on a new partner, and it's…the Penguin? After rejecting Bane's crime-boss co-op, Cobblepot finds himself in the crosshairs of some very teed-off villains. The feathered felon turns to his old foe to snitch on Bane's scheme, but has to prove his intentions to avoid a Bat-beatdown. Along the way, this Gotham odd couple begins to bond—could there be a new bird joining the Bat-Family? Not if Bane has anything to say about it…
- ON SALE 12.05.18
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
For much of King's tenure as the writer on Batman, Bane has been the main antagonist for the Caped Crusader, orchestrating much of the recent misery faced by Batman as he fights crime on the streets of Gotham City.
Now with Bane's machinations driving the two old foes into a new partnership, perhaps this new avian dynamic duo could prove to be the supervillain's undoing. That is, if Bruce Wayne and Oswald Cobblepot don't end each other first.
Batman #60 is written by Tom King and illustrated by Mikel Janin. It is scheduled to be released on December 5 by DC Comics.