A new villainous alternate Batman spinning out of the pages of The Batman Who Laughs miniseries is getting his own one-shot special issue this March.
Scott Snyder is teaming up with longtime collaborator James Tynion IV and superstar artist Eduardo Risso (100 Bullets) to craft The Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight. Focusing on the gun-toting, lethal vigilante from the Dark Multiverse, the one-shot will explore the alternate Bruce Wayne's origins and his partnership with the fearsome Batman Who Laughs. The cover illustrated by The Batman Who Laughs artist, Jock, is below along with the advance solicitation information released by DC Comics:
THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS: THE GRIM KNIGHT #1
- written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
- art by EDUARDO RISSO
- cover by JOCK
- variant cover by GABRIEL DELL’OTTO
- blank variant cover available
- Ripped from Batman’s greatest nightmares, the Grim Knight is his world’s most dangerous vigilante, unafraid to use any weapon and go to any lengths to stop those whom he deems worthy of death. Trained with the finest arsenal Wayne money can buy, learn the secret origin of the second-deadliest Batman, hand selected by the Batman Who Laughs to bring his dark plans to fruition. This one-shot has a big 28-page story!
- ONE SHOT | ON SALE 03.13.19
- $4.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
As the Batman Who Laughs' most trusted ally, this Caped Crusader represents Bruce Wayne's fears of his meticulous training and cold efficiency being utilized to openly exercise lethal force with extreme prejudice. The special will explore what exactly makes this incarnation of the Dark Knight one of the most personal foes for Bruce yet.
The Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight #1 is written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV and illustrated by Eduardo Risso. It is scheduled to go on sale on March 13 from DC Comics.