Warner Bros. Animation has revealed the box art and full special-feature details for its upcoming direct-to-video animated adaptation, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.
Releasing on January 23, 2018, digitally, and February 6, 2018, on Blu-ray and DVD, the Bruce Timm-produced feature adapts DC Comics’ 1989 one-shot of the same name.
The first-ever DC Comics Elseworlds story, Gotham by Gaslight was written by Brian Augustyn and drawn by Hellboy mastermind Mike Mignola, with inks by P. Craig Russell. The story features a Victorian-era take on Batman who’s on the hunt for serial killer Jack the Ripper. The one-off story spawned a sequel, Master of the Future, written by Augustyn and drawn by Eduardo Barreto.
The film adaptation features the voice talents of Bruce Greenwood (American Crime Story, Star Trek, iRobot) as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter, Limitless) as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Scott Patterson (Gilmore Girls, Justice League Unlimited) as James Gordon, Anthony Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Merlin) as Alfred Pennyworth, Yuri Lowenthal (Batman Unlimited, Young Justice) as Harvey Dent, John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time) as Chief Bullock, William Salyers (Batman vs. Two-Face) as Hugo Strange and Grey Griffin (DC Super Hero Girls) as Sister Leslie, in addition to notable voice actors such as Tara Strong, Bob Joles, David Forseth, Chris Cox, Lincoln Melcher and Kari Wuhrer.
Special features include exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes spotlighting the work that went into adapting the beloved comic, in addition to an advance look at the next DC animated feature — Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay — along with an episode of Batman: The Animated Series, among loads of other content.
Take a look at the box art, in addition to a breakdown of the special features, below.
Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital
- “Caped Fear: The First Elseworld” (Featurette) – Batman in the distant past of Gotham, at the crossroads of where the Gothic 19th century meets the modern age. Jack the Ripper, clashing with Gotham and its ruling elite. The documentary traces the influence of the comic book story, and why Gotham by Gaslight stands the test of time.
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Audio Commentary – Join Executive Producer Bruce Timm, Director Sam Liu and Writer Jim Krieg as they provide details about the scenes of Batman: Gotham by Gaslight and why this is a special project for each of them. Listen in for all things Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, and immerse once more into this dark and Gothic world.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay: A behind-the-scenes look at the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies, featuring thoughts from the talented filmmakers.
- From the DC Vault – “Showdown” episode from Batman: The Animated Series; “Trials of the Demon!” episode from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay: A behind-the-scenes look at the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies, featuring thoughts from the talented filmmakers and voice cast.
Produced by Bruce Timm, written by Jim Krieg and directed by Sam Liu, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight is a production of Warner Bros. Animation releasing on Digital HD and direct-to-video in 2018.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!