Following the massive success of Batman: White Knight, Sean Gordon Murphy announced he'd helm a sequel: Batman: Curse of the White Knight. Published through DC's mature readers imprint Black Label, a first look at the series' premiere issue teases a secret Joker knows that could shake the very foundation of Gotham.
You can read the solicitation for the issue and see the preview, which is colored by Matt Hollingsworth and lettered by Andworld Design, below.
BATMAN: CURSE OF THE WHITE KNIGHT #1
- written by SEAN MURPHY
- art and cover by SEAN MURPHY
- variant cover by SEAN MURPHY
- In this explosive sequel to the critically acclaimed blockbuster BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT from writer/artist Sean Murphy, The Joker recruits Azrael to help him expose a shocking secret from the Wayne family’s legacy—and to run Gotham City into the ground! As Batman rushes to protect the city and his loved ones from danger, the mystery of his ancestry unravels, dealing a devastating blow to the Dark Knight. Exciting new villains and unexpected allies will clash in this unforgettable chapter of the White Knight saga—and the truth about the blood they shed will shake Gotham to its core!
- ON SALE 07.24.19
- $4.99 US
- 1 of 8 | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Batman: Curse of the White Knight is written and illustrated by Sean Gordon Murphy. The Black Label miniseries will run for eight monthly issues. Issue #1 is slated to hit store shelves July 24.