Terry McGinnes has made a real rogue’s gallery for himself over his years as Batman. The star of Batman Beyond has had enough care put into his enemies to keep them from feeling like carbon copies of the original baddies that threatened Batman. It’s why, whenever he faces one of the original villains, it feels more like an event, and now, it seems like Terry is going to have to deal with the biggest and baddest of them all: The original Joker, who will be making his Neo-Gotham debut this October in the pages of Batman Beyond #25.
While his new comic has seen Terry gaining allies in the form of his own Batman family, it hasn’t stopped his enemies from trying to bring down Neo-Gotham. The solicitations for DC’s October books reveal that the Clown Prince of Crime himself will come back out and into the open after being revealed to be alive previously. However, it seems that on the eve of the 100th birthday of Thomas Wayne, he’s going to make a real new move against Gotham City.
Check out the full solicitation and cover art below:
BATMAN BEYOND #25
- written by DAN JURGENS
- art by CULLY HAMNER
- enhanced foil cover by VIKTOR KALVACHEV
- variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
- In this special oversize issue, legendary DC scribe Dan Jurgens is joined by superstar artist Cully Hamner (Batman and The Signal) to bring back the biggest baddie of them all in “The Final Joke.”The dedication of a new building commemorating a special Wayne family event—the 100th birthday of Thomas Wayne—brings out all of Neo-Gotham’s familiar faces, including one who was definitely not on the guest list. The Joker makes his long-awaited return to Neo-Gotham, and no one is safe! Will he strike at Batman, Robin, Commissioner Barbara Gordon or the original Caped Crusader himself, Bruce Wayne? Decades after his last fight with the Dark Knight, the Clown Prince of Crime returns home to take his city back once and for all.
- ON SALE 10.24.18
- $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Batman Beyond #25, written by Dan Jurgens with art by Cully Hamner, will be available October 24th.