With the ongoing "City of Bane" rapidly approaching its conclusion, DC Comics has released a first look at Tom King, Mikel Janin and Jordie Bellaire's Batman #82, which sees the Dark Knight stripping down to face off against Bane. However, unbeknownst to the villain, Bruce Wayne is packing a set of batarangs taped to his back, which he's able to reach with a little help from Selina Kyle/Catwoman and her whip.
You can see the first look below and read the solicitation for Batman #82.
- Written by Tom King
- Illustrated by Mikel Janin
- Colored by Jordie Bellaire
- Covers by David Finch and Alex Sinclair
- Variant cover by Travis Charest
- "City of Bane" part eight! Batman and his allies wage war on the City of Bane, but an unexpected turn of events will send everyone reeling. Will there be another death in the family, or can the Dark Knight break Bane's iron grip over Gotham City?
The batarangs in question are a reference to Batman #62, which was part of the "Knightmares" arc. That issue revealed the Caped Crusader has a pair of batarangs taped to his body for emergencies. However, the preview cuts off before showing just if they'll be the thing that finally takes down Bane.
Batman #82 releases November 6 from DC Comics.