The Backstagers are back -- just in time for Valentine's Day.
BOOM! Studios' The Backstagers 2018 Valentine's Day Special was announced during "The Future Is LGBTQ" panel Saturday afternoon at New York Comic Con. The one-shot will reunite the creative team of James Tynion IV and Rian Sygh, for a 40-page romance-themed one-shot set during V-Day.
The Backstagers, an all-ages series from BOOM! Studios' BOOM! Box imprint, tells the story of an all-boys private school theater crew -- with a backstage door that leads to different worlds. The original miniseries ran for eight issues from August 2016 to March 2017, and issue #1 won the first-annual Prism Award for "Best Single Issue From a Mainstream Publisher."
The Backstagers 2018 Valentine's Day Special variant cover by Veronica Fish is below, along with solicitation text for the issue. Sygh's main cover for the issue will be released at a later date.
The Backstagers 2018 Valentine's Day Special
- Publisher: BOOM! Box, an imprint of BOOM! Studios
- Format: 40 pages, full color
- Price: $7.99
- On sale: February 2018
- Writer: James Tynion IV
- Artist: Rian Sygh
- Cover Artist:
- Main cover: Rian Sygh
- Variant cover: Veronica Fish
- The Prism Award-winning series returns for an oversized, Valentine's Day-themed special!
- It’s Valentine’s Day at St. Genesius Prep and the Backstagers are back in (stage) blacks for some ROMANTIC adventures in the mysterious world behind the scenes!
- It’s the “seasons of love” for your favorite backstage boys! (No, you can’t wear pink backstage. Or red. Or glitter. Or cherub wings, Sasha.)
- Featuring bonus tales from a variety of special guest creators.