The card stock cover stars none other than Weiss Schnee, one of the lead characters from the popular Rooster Teeth animated series. The (former) heiress to the Schnee Dust Company can be seen generating a glyph from one hand and holding her weapon, Myrtenaster, in the other.
This is the second cover Artgerm has provided for DC Comics' RWBY, the first of which features series protagonist Ruby Rose and will serve as the variant for November's RWBY #2. The prominent artist has been commissioned to create a total of four variant covers for the comic, each of which will presumably see one of the series' four lead characters take center stage.
Written by Marguerite Bennett and illustrated by Mirka Andolfo, with a main cover by Sarah Stone and a variant by Jim Lee, RWBY #1 will goes on sale in print Oct. 9 from DC Comics. RWBY #2 and #3 follow suit on Nov. 13 and Dec. 11, respectively, and both feature variant covers by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau.
The full solicitation information for RWBY #3, as well as Sarah Stone's main cover, can be found below.
- written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
- art by MIRKA ANDOLFO and MEGHAN HETRICK
- cover by SARAH STONE
- card stock variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
- Schnee Manor is more like a prison than a home to Weiss. Trapped in a place she wants nothing to do with, Weiss reflects on her time at Beacon Academy. Meanwhile, Ruby and the rest of Team RNJR come across a village attacked by Grimms, and the villagers have lost their faith in Huntsmen after the attack on Beacon Academy!
- ON SALE 12.11.19
- $3.99 US |3 OF 7|32 PAGES
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US FC|DC
- DIGITAL FIRST
- This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.