When Marvel’s new Secret Wars series hits next year, one of the biggest secrets may be who exactly is in this comic.
Since the publisher released a high-res version of Alex Ross’ promotional painting for the Jonathan Hickman/Esad Ribic event this morning, fans have been spotting a number of left-field additions to the fray – some which barely qualify as Z-listers.
In addition to modern Marvel mainstays like the new female Thor, Sam Wilson as Captain America and the Ultimate Universe’s Miles Morales, the image also includes a variety of alternate-universe combatants, including:
- Not only the classic iteration of Marvel’s Superman stand-in Hyperion, but also his counterpart from J. Michael Straczynski’s Supreme Power universe. The two don’t seem to be getting along.
- In addition to the original incarnation of current Avengers member Starbrand, the New Universe is also represented by armored fighter Spitfire.
- And speaking of alternate Marvel realities, the MC2 line is represented by teen superhero American Dream, who joins a host of Captain Americas as well as Darkdevil.
- The further future of the Marvel U is also held down by what appears to be Ghost Rider 2099.
- Multiple iterations of Marvel’s Big Three run rampant in the image; multiple Daredevils are joined by their 1602 counterpart. Meanwhile, the Iron Mans (Iron Men?) include the likes of Iron Man 2020, Superior Iron Man and classic roller skating-era Iron Man.
- Epic’s Shadowline characters Doctor Zero and St. George are part of the melee.
- Obnoxio the Clown is taking in the battle from his vantage point in the upper-right corner.
Can you identify any of the other figures in Ross’ image? Share your discoveries in the comments below!
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!