Ahead of Comic-Con International in San Diego, Ahoy Comics has announced its plans for the convention while also revealing a preview of Second Coming and the publisher's upcoming third wave of books.
On Thursday, July 18 at 6:00 p.m., the Ahoy Comics Conversation with Mark Russell panel will be held in room 32AB, in which host Stuart Moore will speak with Russell about not just Second Coming but about the comic book industry as a whole. Then, on Friday, July 19 at 5:30 p.m., the Ahoy Comics: Expect More panel in room 24ABC will focus on everything Ahoy, featuring such guests as Mark Waid, Tyrone Finch and Mariah McCourt, as well as Russell and Moore.
As for the third wave of books, the new and continuing titles include the following:
EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF TERROR Season Two
- By Various, featuring covers by Richard Williams
- Debuting in October, 2019.
- Once upon a midnight dreary, AHOY Comics assembled acclaimed comic book creators to mangle Edgar Allan Poe’s classic gothic tales and create brand new stories in the tradition of Tales from the Crypt and Drunk History. Just in time for Halloween, EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF TERROR Season Two kicks off with writer/artist Dean Motter and inker Alex Ogle’s ultimate Poe mash-up —“The Tell-Tale Black Cask of Usher”—in which the drink-addled writer falls prey to his own horrific imagination. Upcoming issues will include a new spooky, sugary cereal story by Mark Russell and artist Peter Snejbjerg as well as stories by Alisa Kwitney, Paul Constant, Carol Lay, Linda Medley, and Greg Scott. Each and every issue of EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF TERROR features Hunt Emerson’s slapstick “Poe and the Black Cat” backup story as well as a cover by legendary Mad Magazine artist Richard Williams. AHOY will publish the EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF TERROR Volume One trade paperback in comic shops on October 2nd and in bookstores on October 15th. EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF TERROR Season Two debuts on October 9th.
DRAGONFLY & DRAGONFLYMAN
- By writer Tom Peyer, artist Peter Krause, and colorist Andy Troy
- Debuting in November, 2019.
- Springing from the pages of the breakout hit THE WRONG EARTH by writer Tom Peyer and artists Jamal Igleand Juan Castro, comes DRAGONFLY & DRAGONFLYMAN by Peyer, artist Peter Krause and colorist Andy Troy.This stand-alone prequel to THE WRONG EARTH features the adventures of everyone’s favorite new superheroes—when they were on the right earths. On Earth-Alpha, the cheery caped campaigner Dragonflyman must foil the diabolical schemes of the criminal Devil-Man. Meanwhile, on Earth-Omega, gritty vigilante The Dragonfly battles the dangerous psychopath known as the Devil-Man. Will our heroes be tempted into wrongdoing by their respective versions of their dastardly foe? Tune in this November!
CAPTAIN GINGER Season Two
- By writer Stuart Moore, artists June Brigman and Roy Richardson, and colorist Veronica Gandini
- Debuting in January, 2020.
- Cats running a starship? At AHOY, that's only the beginning! In CAPTAIN GINGER Season Two, Ginger and his crew must decide whether to make contact with the other survivors of Earth—unaware that they're all scampering into a deadly cosmic trap. Writer Stuart Moore, legendary POWER PACK comic book artist June Brigman, Roy Richardson and colorist Veronica Gandini reunite for CAPTAIN GINGER Season Two, in which cats come face-to-face with the creatures formerly known as man’s best friend. Meow meow RUFF RUFF!
Finally, below are the preview pages for Second Coming, written by Mark Russell with art by Richard Pace and Leonard Kirk with cover art by Amanda Conner:
Second Coming #1 goes on sale July 10 from Ahoy Comics.