Marvel Comics released advance solicitation information for titles scheduled to go on sale in October 2019, including the debut issue of Absolute Carnage: The Immortal Hulk. Created by Immortal Hulk writer Al Ewing and artist Filipe Andrade, the tie-in has Bruce Banner's longtime nemesis General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross' body exhumed due to bonding with the Venom symbiote some time before his death, hinting at a possible resurrection of sorts. The cover for the issue, illustrated by Kyle Hotz, and advance solicit info are below.
ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: THE IMMORTAL HULK #1
- AL EWING (W) FILIPE ANDRADE (A) Cover by KYLE HOTZ
- Codex Variant Cover by TBA
- VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
- VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
- Before his untimely death, Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross was the Red Hulk and, for a time, bonded to the Venom symbiote alongside Alejandra Jones and Laura Kinney. Now, Ross’ corpse has been unearthed, though why and by whom remain shrouded in mystery. With the gamma material in Ross’ body possibly in nefarious hands, that’s just what Bruce Banner intends to find out – one way or another!
- 40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99
With Hulk in the middle of his own monstrous resurrection after his untimely death during Civil War II, the Jade Giant may soon be face-to-face with an undead version of his original antagonist.
Al Ewing and Filipe Andrade's Absolute Carnage: The Immortal Hulk #1 is scheduled to go on sale this October from Marvel Comics.