Marvel.com has revealed more information about a eight more of the domains that make up Battleworld, the mash-up realm at the heart of May's massive "Secret Wars" event. While the names for most all of the chunks of land constituting Battleworld have been known for some time, information regarding the Marvel eras and/or characters featured within the domains have been kept secret. The latest batch of revealed domains include nods to crossovers both old and new, limited series, specific characters and creator runs.
All domains -- both revealed and mysterious -- can be seen on the Secret Wars Interactive Battleworld Map. Today's announcement includes:
- King James' England - This domain constitutes the characters and reality established in Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert's 2003 limited series "1602."
- Arcadia - The recently announced "A-Force" ongoing from G. Willow Wilson, Marguerite Bennett and Jorge Molina will take place in this domain. The site's text reads, "Arcadia, the dominion of Battleworld's mightiest heroines! Enter a land only populated by the women who have earned the title of protector, savior and Super Hero. These are the champions of Battleworld who refuse to bow down to oppression and who will always stand against the forces of evil.
- Marville - No, Marvel has not devoted a whole domain to Bill Jemas' controversial 2002 limited series starring Kal-AOL Turner. Instead, Marville will be populated by the Marville Babies -- the characters that appear on Skottie Young's various variant covers.
- The Eye of Agamotto - This one seems pretty straightforward as it is Dr. Strange's domain.
- Arachnia - The recent "Spider-Verse" crossover will set up shop in this domain.
- The Warzone - This domain belongs to the events of "Civil War." It's a bit surprising that it's taken this long to assign the event a domain considering that it was the first one announced last fall.
- Mutopia - The X-Men from Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's "New X-Men" run will inhabit Mutopia.
- Westchester - Another X-Men domain has been announced, this one focusing on the early '90s era. The text on the map reads, "An exciting era for Marvel's mutants! With a larger team roster than ever before, the X-Men face familiar foes like Magneto, new opponents like Omega Red, and monumental threats in their radical 90's exploits!"
According to the interactive map, new information regarding other Battleworld domains is scheduled to be released for the next few Tuesdays. "Secret Wars" #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic arrives in May.
Official Press Release
SECRET WARS' BATTLEWORLD EXPANDS! Marvel.com Focuses on the Worlds that are Forging the New Marvel Universe
New York, NY - February 17th, 2015 - The Marvel Universe is no more. There is now only Battleworld and Marvel.com is the only place where you will be able to learn about the building blocks of the new Marvel Universe.
Welcome to the Secret Wars Interactive Battleworld Map! Strange and Mysterious worlds from Marvel's deep history continue to forge into the new landscape of the Marvel Universe - Battleworld - and Marvel's Interactive map will guide fans through this strange new land.
Updated continuously until the start of Secret Wars, the interactive map features the most recent details of where these new dominions of Battleworld originated from.
Today's update includes the following new dominions of Battleworld:King James' EnglandArcadiaMarvilleThe Eye of AgamottoArachniaThe WarzoneMutopiaWestchester
Stay tuned to Marvel.com/secretwars as the new Marvel Universe continues to be forged. Follow Marvel on Facebook at www.facebook.com/marvel and be sure to join the conversation on Twitter with #Marvel, #SecretWars, and don't forget to follow us at @Marvel.