Artist Kevin Wada ("Catwoman") has launched the #80sxmen hashtag to much success in the comics community, prompting artists to render their own '80s-influenced "X-Men" drawings.
The hashtag comes at a perfect time, considering the '80s setting of the upcoming film "X-Men: Apocalypse," and overall affection for that era of X-books.
Check out a few stand out examples from Twitter below:
NIGHTCRAWLER! Hip-Hop style. 8DD #80sXmen @kevinwada pic.twitter.com/PEnfRSpEEc
- ASM (@ASM_ARTS) March 16, 2016
- Modjeska (@ModjeskaH) March 15, 2016
Couldn't resist doing another one. Dacosta P.I. https://t.co/PyFyg0yRBL #80sxmen #newmutants @kevinwada pic.twitter.com/4yH8L6tLaZ
- Adam Reck (@arthurstacy) March 15, 2016
Rogue & Gambit for @kevinwada's #80sXMen thang. Fuelled by the #Eurythmics & the awesome Disconscious & SURFING pic.twitter.com/tczCHffCRM
- Ludi Price æŸè© ç’‡ (@LudiPrice) March 14, 2016
Did some #80sXmen because how could I not? Bless @kevinwada pic.twitter.com/TC1Q7eViB1
- RB-2187 (@rrrebeccabee) March 16, 2016
- Paul Reinwand (@paulreinwand) March 10, 2016
#80sXmen 80s pop Dazzler! @kevinwada pic.twitter.com/TA8ZEJDUNA
- Isaac Goodhart (@IsaacGoodhart) March 11, 2016
Not my art, but reposting John K Snyder III's Storm as Grace Jones for @kevinwada #80sXMen pic.twitter.com/lpa5qqD3s9
- Hope C2E2 K3A (@HopeLNicholson) March 12, 2016
#80sXmen Preppy, polo shirt inspired Cyclops. Description at the link.https://t.co/R9NEMlSYB0 pic.twitter.com/8LBths8Jsp
- Kevin Wada (@kevinwada) March 16, 2016
Alright @kevinwada inspired me so I warmed up with an 80s-inspired Rogue. pic.twitter.com/TpEQ45B6Nm
Here is my 80's Wolverine for the @kevinwada #80sXmen pic.twitter.com/20qB2pbA1S
- Rod Reis (@RodReis) March 14, 2016
"X-Men: Apocalypse" hits theaters on May 27.
EXCLUSIVE: Neon Future #1