Official Press Release
San Diego, CA (AUGUST 16, 2002) – 30 DAYS OF NIGHT has become 2002’s
overnight success. Within days of the first press release announcing 30
DAYS OF NIGHT, the series garnered interest from dozens of producers in
Hollywood. From there it wasn’t long before the motion picture rights
were optioned to Senator International with Sam Raimi attached to
As soon as the first issue hit the stores, sales took off like a rocket
blast. Some of the sales facts on the series:
- 30 Days Of Night #1 first printing sold out.
- 30 Days Of Night #2 sold out.
- 30 Days Of Night #1 second printing now available and selling quickly.
- Diamond reports that 30 Days Of Night #2 was among their Top 10
Reordered Comics/GN for the week of July 30 – August 5.
- As of August 16, copies of 30 Days Of Night #1 first printing are
selling for over $50.00 on Ebay.
- Creator Steve Niles and artist Ben Templesmith have added an extra 4
pages of story to 30 Days Of Night #3 at no extra cost to the reader.
Issue #3 ships in October and is available for pre-order from most
“Between myself and Ted Adams, we have over 25 years of experience
publishing and marketing comics. We knew from the first paragraph of
Steve Niles’ proposal for 30 DAYS OF NIGHT that we were looking at a
hit. Looks like the readers agree,” said Beau Smith, VP of Sales and
Marketing for IDW Publishing.
30 DAYS OF NIGHT #3 will be published by IDW Publishing in October 2002.
It’s 32 full-color pages and retails for $3.99.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!