Official Press Release
San Diego, CA (AUGUST 16, 2002) - 30 DAYS OF NIGHT has become 2002'sovernight success. Within days of the first press release announcing 30DAYS OF NIGHT, the series garnered interest from dozens of producers inHollywood. From there it wasn't long before the motion picture rightswere optioned to Senator International with Sam Raimi attached toproduce.
As soon as the first issue hit the stores, sales took off like a rocketblast. Some of the sales facts on the series:
- 30 Days Of Night #1 first printing sold out.
- 30 Days Of Night #2 sold out.
- 30 Days Of Night #1 second printing now available and selling quickly.
- Diamond reports that 30 Days Of Night #2 was among their Top 10Reordered Comics/GN for the week of July 30 - August 5.
- As of August 16, copies of 30 Days Of Night #1 first printing areselling for over $50.00 on Ebay.
- Creator Steve Niles and artist Ben Templesmith have added an extra 4pages of story to 30 Days Of Night #3 at no extra cost to the reader.Issue #3 ships in October and is available for pre-order from mostretailers now.
"Between myself and Ted Adams, we have over 25 years of experiencepublishing and marketing comics. We knew from the first paragraph ofSteve Niles' proposal for 30 DAYS OF NIGHT that we were looking at ahit. Looks like the readers agree," said Beau Smith, VP of Sales andMarketing for IDW Publishing.
30 DAYS OF NIGHT #3 will be published by IDW Publishing in October 2002.It's 32 full-color pages and retails for $3.99.