Valiant Entertainment has exclusively provided CBR with the four covers and solicit info for April’s “X-O Manowar” #2, the second chapter in the character’s all-new ongoing series launching this March from all-star creators Matt Kindt and Tomas Giorello.
Take a look at the solicit and covers by Lewis Larosa, Kenneth Rocafort, Mico Suayan and Kaare Andrews below:
X-O MANOWAR #2-o
- Written by MATT KINDT
- Art by TOMÁS GIORELLO
- Cover A by LEWIS LAROSA
- Cover B by KENNETH ROCAFORT
- Interlocking Variant Cover by MICO SUAYAN
- X-O Manowar Icon Variant by KAARE ANDREWS
- Blank Cover Also Available
- They asked for war. He’ll give them death.
- Deep within the far reaches of space, the dogs of war have found Aric of Dacia. Conscripted into an alien army and forced into combat, Aric must enter an alien battlefield unlike any he’s faced before. His only hope for survival is also the source of his greatest rage – the living suit of armor known as X-O Manowar.
- Can Aric still embrace the violence within? Get ready, because the most brutal fight in X-O Manowar’s life is about to begin!
- $3.99 | 32 pgs. | T+ | On Sale APRIL 26 (FOC – 4/3/17)
Cover A by Lewis Larosa:
Cover B by Kenneth Rocafort:
X-O Manowar Icon Variant by Kaare Andrews:
Interlocking Variant Cover by Mico Suayan:
Born under the oppressive thumb of the Roman Empire, Aric of Dacia learned warfare at an early age. It was amid such violence that he was abducted by an alien race. Forced into slavery, he survived where others perished. His escape would come from bonding with a weapon of immeasurable power: the X-O Manowar armor. With it, he returned to Earth…only to find himself stranded in the modern day.
But that was a lifetime ago.
Now, far from home on a strange and primitive new world, Aric has begun a new life. Liberated from his past, he tends to his crops. Free from war. Free from violence. Free from the armor.
But the machinery of death marches his way once again. Conscripted into an alien army and thrown into an unforgiving conflict, the fury inside him finds voice as he is forced to embrace the armor once more. With it, he will decimate armies, topple empires and incite interplanetary warfare as he rises from SOLDIER to GENERAL to EMPEROR to VISIGOTH. They wanted a weapon. He will give them war!