* Marvel changed the names of X-Force, Deadpool and Cable to avoid paying Rob Liefeld royalties.
* Destiny and Mystique were intended to be Nightcrawler’s parents.
* When Len Wein created the “All New, All Different” X-Men, he created Thunderbird with the intention of killing him off two issues later, which is what he did.
* A character once escaped from X-Men custody in 1977 and did not have the plot resolved into another comic book…thirteen years later!!
* Dazzler’s life was saved by Marc Silvestri.
* Kurt Busiek came up with the idea for Jean Grey’s return.
* The woman who was the titular basis for Kitty Pryde has since changed her name due to unwanted comic book fan attention.
* Apocalypse was originally going to be the Owl.
* Wolverine was initially intended to be a genetically mutated wolverine.
* Wolverine’s costume was patterned in part on the uniforms of the Michigan Wolverines football team.
* Almost all the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club were based on famous actors, both visually and titularly
* Dazzler was created as a cross-promotion between Marvel and Casablanca Records.
* Colossus was originally intended to be Ferro Lad’s brother.
* The Scarlet Witch accidentally appeared in an issue of X-Men in place of Storm when John Byrne was drawing both books.
* Right before becoming an X-Men, Nightcrawler was going to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes.
* Igor Kordey once drew an issue of New X-Men in a week.
* Grant Morrison took an old French character out of the public domain and made him an X-Men character.
* Ed Brubaker came up with the idea behind there being a secret team of X-Men before the All-New, All-Different Team.
* Scott Lobdell didn’t want Storm to be a killer, so he brought Marrow back to life.
* Wolverine originally was going to kill Sabretooth – 25 years ago!
* Scott Lobdell became the writer of Uncanny X-Men by happening to be walking in the right place at the right time.
* Storm was the result of combining two characters, one of whom could transform into a cat!
* Mr. Sinister was originally envisioned as the product of the mutant mind of a child.
* Gambit was originally intended to be a villain.
* Chris Claremont intended to return Colossus from the dead, but was halted by editorial.
* The idea for Magneto ripping Wolverine’s adamantium out of his body came from a joke suggestion made by Peter David at a X-Writers conference.
* Marvel re-wrote the ending of the X-Cutioner’s Song because they decided not to reveal Cable’s origin at the end of it as the originally planned.
* One of the members of Youngblood was originally announced as a cast member of the New Mutants.
* Marvel had Dave Cockrum redraw the X-Men in an X-Men guest appearance in a John Byrne-drawn issue of Iron Fist.
* Marvel got rid of the X-Ternals because of threats of litigation by the Highlander folks.
* Scott Lobdell introduced Onslaught without knowing who or what Onslaught was.
* Larry Hama’s origin for M and Penance was not what Scott Lobdell originally intended for the characters.
* James Cameron got the idea for The Terminator from “Days of Future Past.”