Some of the upcoming projects include:
- A Ghost Rider book written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Clayton Crain
- A Sentry miniseries by Paul Jenkins and John Romita Jr. Sentry will also be explored in a “New Avengers” arc beginning in issue seven.
- “Thor: Blood Oath,” a miniseries by Michael Avon Oeming
- A Power Pack book by Marc Sumerak, with artist Gurihiru giving the book a more Japanese look.
“Books of Doom” by Ed Brubaker: a six-issue miniseries re-telling and updating the origin of Dr. Doom.
- “Fantastic Four: First Family:” a miniseries by Joe Casey re-telling the story of the early days of the Fantastic Four
- A four-issue miniseries starring Drax, written by Keith Giffen
- A Defenders book by Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis
- A Thing series by Dan Slott with art by Andrea DeVito
- A Silver Surfer miniseries by J. Michael Straczynski. There is no ETA on this project yet, in part because artist Esad Ribic is busy painting covers for “House of M.”
- A new Moon Knight series that will make Moon Knight “a major player” in the Marvel Universe.
“A sequel to “1602” by Greg Pak and Greg Tocchini. This book will be mostly concerned with the characters in the Roanoke colony, and will feature “cool Hulk/dinosaur action” as well as the debut of the 1602 version of Iron Man.
- A new project from “1602” author Neil Gaiman. It will be set in the present-day Marvel universe, but no other details are forthcoming. Quesada said he hoped to make an announcement by Wizard World Chicago in August.
There is also still no word on who will replace Brian Michael Bendis on “Daredevil” when he leaves the book at the end of the year.
Quesada also inadvertently revealed that Jessica’s baby in “The Pulse” will be a girl. At least, he referred to her as “her.”
“If he did,” said Quesada, “Jessica Jones would be in every book!”
Quesada avoided discussing the possibility of a crossover between the regular Marvel Universe and the Ultimate universe. However, the very act of his avoidance suggests that something is being planned. Moreover, he revealed that the characters in “Exiles” were soon to embark on a tour of established alternate universes. While those two facts may be completely unrelated, their juxtaposition does lead one to speculate. What if…