What’s the matter with me,
I don’t have much to say,
Daylight sneakin’ through the window
And I’m still in this all-night cafe.
Walkin’ to and fro beneath the moon
Out to where the trucks are rollin’ slow,
To sit down on this bank of sand
And watch the river flow.
This is for all the various rambling thoughts that I have about WizardWorld Philly that I do not think deserve their own full entry to discuss. Enjoy!
- Ummm…how the heck can new coloring (from the Absolute Sandman) be THIS much better?
What did they color the original issue with – chicken soup?
- Can you seriously believe that DC was planning to kill off Dick Grayson?
I mean, HUH?!? Just…HUH?!!? Dick Grayson? Really? WHY would you kill Dick Grayson?
I mean, sure, his book has been pretty bad for awhile, but that’s no reason to kill off a perfectly good character. Heck, beyond perfectly good characters, he was a GREAT character.
I wonder how they were going to do it…
- According to Tom Brevoort, a married Spider-Man is operating at 40% compared to a single Spider-Man.
This makes me wonder to myself, do editors and writers come up with this stuff AFTER they’ve already written the story, to justify the story? Or do they believe it before hand?
- Speaking of the marriage, apparently Quesada found his story you could tell with a married Spider-Man that you couldn’t with a single Spider-Man – a storyline about the two separating for some reason.
- Who’s the dude in the photo with the stars on his cape?
- Man, All Star Superman rules.
- I wish Phil Hester was drawing Morrison’s Batman.
Yes, you’ve read this far just to be treated to an inside joke. I apologize.
- John Henry Irons lost a hand at one point?
- I don’t get it…why is Jim Starlin writing a NEW Captain Comet? What was wrong with the OLD Captain Comet?
- So wait…IS Ronin a member of the Avengers, or what?
- Not for nothing, but if you’re GONNA follow up a series that is specifically called ENDsong, at least go away from the “song” motif!
- Joe Quesada mentioned, for the “worst idea he ever greenlit,” that there were two projects by the same creator that he approved early in his tenure. He declined to name the projects and the creator, but that doesn’t mean WE can’t figure it out. Tell me your guesses, detective monkeys! Fly, detective monkeys, fly!