Welcome to the 2015 Comics Should Be Good Top 100 DC and Marvel Characters poll!
This is the third time we’ve done one of these, so it’ll be interesting to see what has changed!
It’s time to vote for your top ten all-time favorite DC and Marvel comic book characters.
Here’s the deal. You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, October 1st. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the winners starting some time in October (after NYCC, so I dunno, the 9th? Something like that).
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. You’re going to be voting for twenty people in total here. Your ten favorite DC characters AND your ten favorite Marvel characters (either living or dead characters and either heroes or villains or supporting characters). Vote for TEN each – less than ten DC characters and ten Marvel characters and I don’t count your ballot.
3. Rank your ten favorite DC and Marvel characters from #1 (your most favorite) to #10 (your 10th most favorite). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best.
Here’s a template you can use as a guide. You can just copy and paste it into your comment:
TOP TEN COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
6. Any character currently owned by DC or Marvel is eligible. So the Wildstorm characters, the Watchmen and V for Vendetta characters and Vertigo characters. But no Marvelman stuff yet. Next time we do this thing I figure there will be actual new Marvel Miracleman stories and then I’ll allow it. What mostly is NOT allowed are any licensed characters. Luke Skywalker, Snake Eyes, Rom, Optimus Prime, Doc Savage, Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja, Astro City and the Milestone Media characters – none of them are allowed.
7. One of the more controversial aspects of the vote is how to handle alternate universe versions of characters. I’ve decided to go with “One name, one character” So Ultimate Iron Man and Iron Man would be one character, not two separate characters. Dark Knight Returns Batman and Batman would be one character, not two separate characters. You can include which version you’re specifically voting for, and I might include that in the end (you know, like, “Iron Man – XXX points (XX of those points for Ultimate Iron Man”). Similarly, Legion of Super-Heroes characters will all be lumped into one (so a vote for 3Boot Cosmic Boy would just be a vote for Cosmic Boy). The only difference would be if they do not share the same name. Like Green Lantern Alan Scott is different than Green Lantern Hal Jordan and Spider-Man Peter Parker is different from Spider-Man Miles Morales (the new 52 is making this tricky with stuff like Wally West, but for now, Wally West will remain a single character).
8. Identify which character you mean when you vote for a legacy character. In other words, don’t just write Green Lantern or Flash, specify which one you mean (Hal Jordan, Jay Garrick, etc.)
9. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
10. The following groups count as one character for voting purposes (I’ll add more as it becomes appropriate):
Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur
Legion of Substitute Heroes
Red Ghost and the Super-Apes
Monsieur Mallah and the Brain
Skrull Kill Krew
Challengers of the Unknown
Cloak and Dagger
Hawk and Dove
11. The following groups do not count as one character (I’ll add more as it becomes appropriate):
12. For characters with multiple identities, vote for whichever one you like best, but I’ll be combining the votes in the end (so a vote for Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) is the same as a vote for Giant-Man (Hank Pym) and a vote for Oracle is the same as a vote for Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)).
13. I’ll make various other decisions in the interest of fairness.
14. If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. I’ll list the answers here:
– Astro City does not count. They are entirely owned by Kurt Busek’s Juke Box Productions.
– I’ll allow Pre-Crisis Superboy to count as an individual character
– I’ll allow Ultimate Nick Fury to count as an individual character.
– I’ll allow Ultimate Reed Richards to count as an individual character.
– I’ll allow Spider-Gwen to count as an individual character (everyone had been voting this way, anyways, but I figure it was worth mentioning it)
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Now vote! 🙂
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!