In honor of the 25th anniversary of Valiant Comics (which they’re celebrating next month), we’re going to count down your picks for the 25 Greatest Valiant Comic Stories Ever Told!
Valiant has had many great stories over the years, in a number of iterations of the company. From one-shot issues to multi-issue stories to, well, epic sagas like Unity. So here you will be casting your vote for who you feel are the greatest Valiant stories!
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, May 8th. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the top 25 on May 11th.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for your TEN favorite Valiant Comics stories.
3. Rank your ten stories from #1 (what you think is the greatest story) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best. Really, just use this template:
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Now for the most annoying part of the rules. What is the definition of a particular story? First off, runs are not stories. To wit, you can’t pick, say, Christopher Priest’s Quantum and Woody and call it a story. It is not. That is a run made up of a bunch of different stories. You have to vote for the individual arcs. The easiest way nowadays is to simply split runs into the individual trade paperbacks. The problem, of course, is that the first version of Valiant does not have very many trade paperbacks available, so you’ll have to figure it out as best as you can. Allthough, and this is important, you can always go SMALLER if you’d like. Like if a trade collects a whole bunch of stories, you can vote for each individual story within it if you’d like.
6. Mini-series count as one story. Like The Valiant. Or The Delinquents.
7. I think that this point is already kind of clear, but just to reiterate, any version of Valiant is open for voting.
8. Crossovers count, like Deathmate or Magnus vs. Predator.
9. The Malev War is one story. One long, long story.
10. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
11. If you have questions and/or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. If you’re unsure of something, probably better to ask BEFORE you vote. You have two weeks to vote, ya know?
12. I’ll make various ruling in the interest of fairness as I see fit.
13. I’ll list notable rulings in this section here as we go along:
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Now vote! 🙂
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!