Following in the footsteps of the likes of Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin’s Panel Syndicate, Image Comics and, just last month, comiXology, Valiant Entertainment will allow readers to download its comics as DRM-free digital files.
Through a new agreement with DriveThruComics, Valiant’s monthly titles are now available as PDFs on the same day of their print release. The online retailer will soon host the publisher’s entire catalog of single issues and collections.
“Valiant has some of the most exciting and entertaining comics on the market today,” Matt M. McElroy, DriveThruComics’ director of publishing, said in a statement. “Several members of the DriveThruComics crew were already huge fans of the Valiant characters and creators, so we couldn’t be more thrilled to have these books available on our site.”
In celebration of the new partnership, the first issues of Valiant’s ongoing series are available for free download from Drive Thru Comics for the next 30 days. They include:
- Archer & Armstrong #1 (2012) by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry
- Bloodshot #1 (2012) by Duane Swierczynski, Manuel Garcia and Arturo Lozzi
- Eternal Warrior #1 (2013) by Greg Pak and Trevor Hairsine
- Harbinger #1 (2012) by Joshua Dysart and Khari Evans
- Quantum and Woody #1 (2013) by James Asmus and Tom Fowler
- Shadowman #1 (2012) by Justin Jordan and Patrick Zircher
- Unit #1 (2013) by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite
- X-O Manowar #1 (2012) by Robert Venditti and Cary Nord