The judges of the 2016 Eisner Awards have selected Moomin creator Tove Jansson and Golden Age artist Carl Burgos, creator of the original Human Torch, for automatic induction into the Will Eisner Awards Hall of Fame.
They an additional 14 nominees, from which Eisner voters will select four to be inducted during the awards ceremony held in July during Comic-Con International in San Diego. Those creators are:
• acclaimed cartoonist Lynda Barry (One! Hundred! Demons!, What It Is)
• underground cartoonist Kim Deitch, creator of The Boulevard of Broken Dreams
• Reuben “Rube” Goldberg, creator of the famed Rube Goldberg machine
• prolific artist Edward Gorey, renowned for The Gashlycrumb Tinies
• Zippy the Pinhead creator Bill Griffith
• Matt Groening, creator of Life in Hell and The Simpsons, and founder of Bongo Comics
• prolific EC Comics artist Jack Kamen
• Francoise Mouly, founder of Raw Books and Toon Books, and art director of The New Yorker
• artist George Perez, best known for The New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman and Crisis on Infinite Earths
• cartoonist Antonio Prohías, best remembered for MAD Magazine‘s “Spy vs. Spy”
• artist P. Craig Russell, famed for his adaptations of Elric, The Ring of the Nibelung and The Graveyard Book, among others
• Ranma ½ and InuYasha creator Rumiko Takahashi
• cartoonist Jacques Tardi, known for such works as Adele Blanc-Sec and It Was the War of the Trenches
• artist Herb Trimpe, remembered for his runs on The Incredible Hulk, G.I. Joe, Transformers and Godzilla
Comic-Con International will be held July 21-24.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!