Official Press Release
The stars and producers of AMC’s highly-anticipated series “The Walking Dead,” based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, will descend on Comic Con 2010 for a panel event and exclusive sneak preview of the original drama. “The Walking Dead” panel, scheduled for Friday, July 23 at 11:30am in room 6BCF, will feature series stars Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), Laurie Holden (The Mist), and Emma Bell (“Law & Order”). Joining the cast are writer, director, executive producer and three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile); executive producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon), make-up artist Greg Nicotero (George Romero’s Land of the Dead, The Mist); and Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP of original programming, production and digital content. “The Walking Dead” will premiere this October during AMC Fearfest, the network’s annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films.
During the hour-long event, moderator Eric Moro of IGN.com will lead panelists in a discussion about their experience shooting the series in Atlanta, and the process of bringing Kirkman’s comic book to life on the small screen, among other topics, followed by an exclusive first look at “The Walking Dead,” and a Q&A session with attendees.
“The Walking Dead” panel will be complemented by a number of on-the-ground activities taking place throughout Comic Con:
- Attendees will have an opportunity to get “zombified” by visiting “The Walking Dead” booth and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen and AMC will email the photo to them.
- AMC will distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist, Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).
- An autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth.
- AMC will distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series buttons.
- AMC will have “The Walking Dead” walkers around the convention center and booth.
- “The Walking Dead” booth will be a semi-recreation of a scene from the pilot episode.
About “The Walking Dead”
The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow a pandemic zombie apocalypse. County Sheriff Rick Grimes travels with his family and a small group of survivors, constantly in search of a safe and secure home. But the constant pressure of fighting off death on a daily basis takes a heavy toll, sending many to the lowest depths of human cruelty. As Rick struggles to keep his family alive, he will discover that the overwhelming fear of the survivors can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth.
AMC and Fox International Channels (FIC) recently announced an unprecedented partnership whereby FIC has picked up all International Television and Home Video rights to “The Walking Dead,” the network’s first wholly-owned original production series. The deal includes a first-run window on all FIC’s outlets in addition to full distribution rights for the life of the series, outside of the U.S. and Canada.
In addition to Darabont, Hurd and Kirkman, David Alpert from Circle of Confusion, and Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) serve as executive producers. Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) serves as co-executive producer.