Official Press Release
Image Comics will be returning to the New York Comic Con, February 6th to 7th, at booth #1403 and promises their biggest appearance in the Big Apple with exclusives, announcements and their largest roster of creators yet!
Throughout the convention the Image Comics booth will be home to signings galore, a convention exclusive cover of the superhero debut JERSEY GODS and an array of creators including Rob Liefeld (YOUNGBLOOD), Whilce Portacio (SPAWN), Frank Cho (LIBERTY MEADOWS), Richard Starkings (ELEPHANTMEN), Glen Brunswick (JERSEY GODS), Josh Williamson (JOHNNY MONSTER) and Vinny Navarette (DEAR DRACULA).Â
Special events will include Thursday’s Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Welcome Party co-sponsored by Image Comics and Dark Horse, Saturday’s Apes & Babes: The Frank Cho Spotlight & the iFanboy/ROLFThing/1Up/PopGun Meet-Up Party and Friday’s The Image Comics Show: Breaking Into Comics on Friday, February 5th featuring Liefeld, Portacio, Joe Kelly (I KILL GIANTS), Steve Seagle (SOUL KISS) and Joseph Michael Linsner (DAWN, DARK IVORY) discussing the road they’ve taken to get to where they are now and where they’re going from here! The Image Comics Show will also be the epicenter of announcements from Image Comics, including the big secret behind Robert Kirkman and Todd McFarlane’s HAUNT!
Image Comics can be found at booth #1403 during the New York Comic Con, February 6-9th, 2009.
IMAGE COMICS NEW YORK COMIC CON 2009 — COMPLETE SCHEDULE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4th
IMAGE COMICS AND DARK HORSE PRESENT THE COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND WELCOME PARTY!
7:00 PM to 10:00 PMÂ
120 E. 15th Street (Near Union Square)
Enjoy drinks, free sliders for early arrivals, and door prizes!Â Admission will be $5 and up for CBLDF members, $10 and up for non-members. Attending artists will include: Colleen Doran, David Mack, Rantz Hoseley, Dean Haspiel, Mike Cavallero, Nikki Cook, Mahmud Asrar, Brahm Revel and many more!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7th
NEW YORK COMIC CON MEETUP
Hosted by iFanboy, ROFLThing, 1UP and Popgun
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m
Stitch Bar & Lounge
247 West 37th Street (Between 7th and 8th Avenue)
Revision3’s weekly comic book show iFanboy, ROFLThing, 1UP and Image Comics’ Harvey award-winning anthology Popgun invite you mix and mingle with fellow fans, internet celebrities and many of your favorite Image creators including Scott Kurtz (PVP), Jay Faerber (DYNAMO 5), Rantz Hoseley (COMIC BOOK TATTOO) and many, many more.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6th
IMAGE COMICS SHOW: BREAKING INTO COMICS
6:00 – 7:00 PM – Room 1A06
It’s the dream of nearly every comics’ fan to break into the industry, but to most the task seems all too impossible! Sit down with some ofÂ your favorite Image Comics creators including Rob Liefeld (YOUNGBLOOD), Whilce Portacio (SPAWN), Joseph Michael Linsner (DAWN, DARK IVORY), Steve Seagle (SOUL KISS) and JOE KELLY (I KILL GIANTS) as they take a look at the road that turned them into superstars and what the future holds! Features announcements to rock the world of comics for the next year, including the secret behind Todd McFarlane and Robert Kirkman’s HAUNT!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7th
APES & BABES: THE FRANK CHO SPOTLIGHT!
5:30-6:30 PM – Room 1A06 Â
NYCC Special Guest Frank Cho, one of comics most celebrated comic book artists of the last decade, presents an unprecedented live retrospective on his entire career: from making his name on the Image Comics hit, LIBERTY MEADOWS, to taking superhero fandom by storm with SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL MIGHTY AVENGERS and the upcoming NEW ULTIMATES. Featuring rare art from April’s APES & BABES: THE ART OF FRANK CHO BOOK ONE, published by Image Comics!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6th
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM: Jay Faerber (DYNAMO 5)
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM: COMIC BOOK TATTOO featuring Eric Canete, Jon Tsuei, Ryan Kelly, Colleen Doran, Ming Doyle, Mark Sable, Andre Szymanowicz, Elizabeth Genco, Ivan Brandon, Nikki Cook and Neil Kleid
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: Jamie McKelvie & Kieron Gillen (PHONOGRAM)
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM: Ryan Bodeheim (RED MASS FOR MARS) & Harold Sipe (SCREAMLAND)
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM: Gabriel Hardman & Corinna Sara Bechko (HEATHENTOWN)
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Jamie McKelvie & Kieron Gillen (PHONOGRAM)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7th
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM: Gabriel Hardman & Corinna Sara Bechko (HEATHENTOWN)
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Jay Faerber (DYNAMO 5) & Yildiray Cinar (NOBLE CAUSES)
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Ryan Bodeheim (RED MASS FOR MARS) & Harold Sipe (SCREAMLAND)
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM: Joe Kelly (BAD DOG, I KILL GIANTS), J.M Ken Niimura (I KILL GIANTS), Steve Seagle (SOUL KISS)
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM: Joseph Michael Linsner (DAWN) & Eva Hopkins (DARK IVORY)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: Joseph Weissman & Seth Lapeck (LILLIM)
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM: COMIC BOOK TATTOO featuring G. Willow Wilson, Eric Canete, Jon Tsuei, Ryan Kelly, Colleen Doran, Ming Doyle, Mark Sable, Mike May, Elizabeth Genco, Jonathan Hickman, Adisakdi Tantimedh, Derek McCulloch and Kelly Sue DeConnick
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM: Jamie McKelvie & Kieron Gillen (PHONOGRAM)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8th
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM:Â Jamie McKelvie & Kieron Gillen (PHONOGRAM)Â
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: COMIC BOOK TATTOO featuring Eric Canete, Jon Tsuei, Colleen Doranm Sonia Leongm Emma Vicellim Mark Sablem Elizabeth Genco Andre Szymanowicz and Neil Kleid
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Joe Kelly (I KILL GIANTS), J.M. Ken Niimura (I KILL GIANTS), Steve Seagle (SOUL KISS)
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM: Joseph Michael Linsner (DAWN) & Eva Hopkins (DARK IVORY)
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM: Ryan Bodeheim (A RED MASS FOR MARS) & Harold Sipe (SCREAMLAND)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: Jay Faerber & Mahmud Asar (DYNAMO 5)
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM: Gabriel Hardman & Corinna Sara Bechko (HEATHENTOWN)
Image Comics is a comics and graphic novels publisher formed inÂ 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists. Â Since that time,Â Image has gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers inÂ the United States. There are currently five partners in ImageÂ Comics (Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, and JimÂ Valentino), and Image is currently divided into four major housesÂ (Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline, andÂ Image Central). Image comics and graphic novels cover nearly everyÂ genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable, offering science fiction,Â romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor, and moreÂ by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today.Â Visit www.imagecomics.com.Â
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!