With Comic-Con International looming, you can expect to see all sorts of announcements about future projects from comic companies over the next week. I reached out to the rest of the Robot 6 crew to see what announcements they were hoping to hear at the con; keep in mind this is strictly a “wish list,” based on what we’d love to hear vs. what we expect to hear.
1. Flex Mentallo and Rick Veitch Swamp Thing announcements for “Vertigo Resurrected”: With the announcement that the Warren Ellis/Phil Jimenez Hellblazer story “Shoot” will finally see print under the just announced “Vertigo Resurrected” banner, one can hope that plans are in the works for the DC imprint to finally print Rick Veitch’s aborted Swamp Thing meets Jesus story and collect the Flex Mentallo mini-series into a trade paperback. One can hope. (JK Parkin)
2. Wednesday Comics 2: We’ve already listed what we’d like to see in it a few months back, so it’s about time that DC Comics announced the follow-up to their successful Wednesday Comics series from last summer. With a ‘Mazing Man strip, of course… (suggested by Tom Bondurant)
3. What’s next for Alvin Buenaventura: Alvin’s got a lot of history with San Diego–his publishing imprint basically launched with an art exhibition during SDCC ’03–and even though you don’t get a lot of “announcements” for alternative and arts comics at the show, it’d be great to hear what’s next for what has been a cornerstone of contemporary cutting-edge comics. (Sean T. Collins)
4. Cosmic Avengers: After teasing it in a promo image for the Thanos Imperative, it only make sense that Marvel would continue their ongoing space saga, by architects Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, with an ongoing Cosmic Avengers series. Heck, use the team from the promo, throw in Rocket Raccoon, Moondragon and Mantis, and let them run wild. (JK Parkin)
5. A collection of Dick Giordano’s “Meanwhile” columns: Tom mentioned these some months back; a collection would make a nice remembrance of one of the industry’s greats. (suggested by Tim O’Shea)
6. New Hulk actor announcement: Not only should we find out the contender for the role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers film, but he has to defeat Edward Norton in one-on-one, no disqualification Last Man Standing match. If Norton wins, he gets to play Bruce Banner. Also, I get a pony. (Carla Hoffman)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!